Who are we to believe?

16 Sep 2010 13:46 #1 by Nmysys
Apparently a new book written by Carla Bruni, the wife of the French President Sarkozy just released states that The First Lady Michelle Obama said to her that being The First Lady, living in The White House, is Hell!!!! This was released yesterday. Now today the Secretary for the First Lady, in an attempt to soften the blow to loyal :Koolaid: drinkers, has denied that this was ever said. Since only Fox News and but one mainstream reporter even reported this yesterday, they think they have succeeded with their damage control.

Who are we to believe? The lovely Carla ( my choice ) or the damage control? You decide. Kind of like a major Cable News show, we report, you decide!!

Since I didn't copy and paste someone else's story, I don't think the Posting Police can bust me!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Sep 2010 13:47 #2 by outdoor338
Replied by outdoor338 on topic Who are we to believe?
:yeahthat:

16 Sep 2010 13:54 #3 by Whatevergreen
You will probably believe the French. We know how you bleeding heart Conservatives love it when other nations look down on us. Especially our loyal French allies who have always supported the USA.

Let me guess, you just heard this on Rush?

16 Sep 2010 14:08 #4 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Who are we to believe?
Sorry I don't get much opportunity to listen to Rush Limbaugh. Read it on Fox News. You definitely can't call me a bleeding heart or a lover of the French, except maybe their First Lady. If we ever get a chance to talk in person, ask me why I don't particularly like the French personally, not just because they are such weenies!!! Oh yeah, I am supposed to say IMHO!!

But apparently you listen to Rush. How was he today?

16 Sep 2010 14:15 #5 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Who are we to believe?
I heard it on the well known conservative media outlet CNN

16 Sep 2010 14:32 #6 by netdude
Replied by netdude on topic Who are we to believe?
Carla Bruni/French government denies the First Lady said it as well...

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0910/42263.html

But in an e-mail on Thursday, Emmanuel Lenain, a spokesman at the French Embassy in Washington, said that Bruni "distances herself completely from the content of the book, ‘Carla and the Ambitious.’”

Lenain said the book was "not authorized" and that "the authors alone are responsible for its contents."

"The words attributed to the First Lady of the United States were never said," Lenain added.

16 Sep 2010 14:42 #7 by Nmysys
I only asked the question. Let me ask it again differently since now even the French are denying that she wrote the book. Who do you believe?? The Lady who said " This is the first day I have been proud of this country" or the author of the book who now we are being told as part of the damage control, is not Carla Bruni???

I am not that old or brain dead to lean towards the French Lady on this one. Just my opinion. I prefer to look at her more, as well.

16 Sep 2010 14:45 #8 by Nmysys
I've got it!!!!! :bash It's Bush's fault!!! He wrote it.

16 Sep 2010 14:49 #9 by netdude
Replied by netdude on topic Who are we to believe?

netdude wrote: Carla Bruni/French government denies the First Lady said it as well...

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0910/42263.html

But in an e-mail on Thursday, Emmanuel Lenain, a spokesman at the French Embassy in Washington, said that Bruni "distances herself completely from the content of the book, ‘Carla and the Ambitious.’”

Lenain said the book was "not authorized" and that "the authors alone are responsible for its contents."

"The words attributed to the First Lady of the United States were never said," Lenain added.

Again, Carla Bruni DID NOT write the book.... but that fact will be ignored for if it was acknowledged, this attack on the First Lady would seem a bit childish.

16 Sep 2010 14:53 #10 by Scruffy
Replied by Scruffy on topic Who are we to believe?
An unsubtantiated rumor about the First Family? And then it turns out it's not true?

Well, you can imagine the surprise.... wait - that's not my line. Sorry.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds