Who are we to believe?

16 Sep 2010 16:03 #11 by MamaRama
Replied by MamaRama on topic Who are we to believe?
SO WHAT if she said it.... Isn't it HELL once in awhile in your house too?? ( i know it can be in mine)..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Sep 2010 18:43 #12 by navycpo7
Replied by navycpo7 on topic Who are we to believe?

Nmysys wrote: Apparently a new book written by Carla Bruni, the wife of the French President Sarkozy just released states that The First Lady Michelle Obama said to her that being The First Lady, living in The White House, is Hell!!!! This was released yesterday. Now today the Secretary for the First Lady, in an attempt to soften the blow to loyal :Koolaid: drinkers, has denied that this was ever said. Since only Fox News and but one mainstream reporter even reported this yesterday, they think they have succeeded with their damage control.

Who are we to believe? The lovely Carla ( my choice ) or the damage control? You decide. Kind of like a major Cable News show, we report, you decide!!

Since I didn't copy and paste someone else's story, I don't think the Posting Police can bust me!!

Why are we even listening to anything the French say.

16 Sep 2010 18:45 #13 by Scruffy
Replied by Scruffy on topic Who are we to believe?
Why not?

16 Sep 2010 18:59 #14 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Who are we to believe?
NavyCPO:

Put all the pieces of the puzzle together Pres. Obama won't salute the flag, says he has visited all 57 states, The First Lady said at one point, that it was the first time she had ever been proud as an American, he bows to the Saudi King, Hugo Chavez, etc. and now add this piece to the puzzle and I know you are capable of making this great leap to understanding where this story is going. I asked a simple question.
I am by no means impressed with anything French, except I think Carla Bruni is extremely pretty, only my opinion.

16 Sep 2010 19:01 #15 by Nmysys
Where did I attack?

Where does it say sometimes?

16 Sep 2010 19:12 #16 by Wayne Harrison
Maybe we should dismantle the Statue of Liberty.

1. A poem attached to the pedestal tells the world "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!" Apparently, we don't and the lamp is out.

2. It was a gift from the French and what have the French done for us except help us win the American Revolution as one of our only allies against the British?

16 Sep 2010 19:33 #17 by Nmysys
What have they for us in the last 100 years? I agree that they gave us the Statue of Liberty. I could see it every day of the first 11 years of my life as I grew up in the City. Would you say Wayne that after we came to their rescue in WW!! that they have done anything at all to show gratitude or any respect to us?

Have you ever traveled to France, been to Paris? Have you seen the disdain that they have for all things American or not?

The original posting was not intended to bash the French or to praise the French. It was to ask a simple question that apparently doesn't illicit an answer. Oh well, another day, another posting.

16 Sep 2010 19:52 #18 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Who are we to believe?
The plaque on the Statue of Liberty was a later add-on and we still do continue to grant political asylum.

I can believe that going from a semi-private life into the White House would be a living hell. Even Laura Bush said she will miss the White House staff but she won't miss the public life.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Sep 2010 19:55 - 16 Sep 2010 19:56 #19 by netdude
Replied by netdude on topic Who are we to believe?

16 Sep 2010 19:56 #20 by netdude
Replied by netdude on topic Who are we to believe?

Nmysys wrote: What have they for us in the last 100 years? I agree that they gave us the Statue of Liberty. I could see it every day of the first 11 years of my life as I grew up in the City. Would you say Wayne that after we came to their rescue in WW!! that they have done anything at all to show gratitude or any respect to us?

Have you ever traveled to France, been to Paris? Have you seen the disdain that they have for all things American or not?

The original posting was not intended to bash the French or to praise the French. It was to ask a simple question that apparently doesn't illicit an answer. Oh well, another day, another posting.

You got a simple answer to you question... she did not say it. Period. It was an unofficial book written by a couple of reporters and was denounced by Bruni's people, even to the point they said that Bruni and The First Lady did not have the conversation. At least acknowledge that instead of ignoring.... and posting that your question was not answered....

Sheeesh

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds