Require Disclosure of Sexual Preferences and Identity

20 Sep 2010 15:27 #21 by Nmysys
I would swear that this is an accurate quote just a moment ago:

I don't have time or patience for your crap today.

You still have time to comment or put up an emoticon as a response.

So sorry that we are bothering you. Or are we being Invasive?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Sep 2010 22:29 #22 by ScienceChic

Nmysys wrote: You will love this one LJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is my Conservative rant of the day, week, month, probably year.

IMHO, this is going too far. But hell, this is my opinion.

I hope the posting Police doesn't arrest me for something I unintentionally do wrong by posting this one.

Nmysys, just so you know, here's the guidelines in the TOS that I think others have been referring you to in relation to your posts:

6. For press releases, newsletters, web pages, or other copyrighted content to be inserted into posts: Minor fair use excerpts of less than one paragraph (4 sentences) may be used if the content is publicly available on the internet. Please post a link to the content per the Fair Use Doctrine.

Pick your favorite 4 sentences and post 'em. It helps if you pick the 4 that most accurately represent the purpose of the story, but you can pick any 4 you like. Just beware that people will read the whole article and if you try to bias your quotes from your source just to support your position, you'll likely be called on it. :biggrin: I have the most trouble picking so few of snippets myself so best of luck to ya!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

21 Sep 2010 07:11 #23 by Nmysys
Thanks Sciencechick:

I actually had a long conversation with the 285RoadCrew and JMC about it after I posted it and I now think I have the picture. Old age makes it harder to grasp some of these concepts, but I have been working on it and trying to figure out what is required.

Have a great day!

21 Sep 2010 09:03 #24 by Wayne Harrison

The Viking wrote: But they are required to ask into your privacy and personal life. This is always the first step. Just like with healthcare, it was voluntary but now it is mandatory and you can be fined for not having it. You will soon be fined for not disclosing your sexual preference and gender.

I'll be damned if I"m going to tell them I'm a male and I prefer females.

I'm going to keep my mouth shut. They'll just have to guess. :rofl

21 Sep 2010 12:38 #25 by Nmysys
Wayne:

So you are denying all the rumors? Just saying!!!

21 Sep 2010 12:47 #26 by Nmysys
I notice there isn't any uproar over the Sexist Remark by Harry Reid. If it had come from a Conservative the server on this forum would fill up with complaints from Liberals.

You know the one, about the Senator being the hottest Senator in Washington.

21 Sep 2010 13:39 #27 by Wayne Harrison

Nmysys wrote: Wayne:

So you are denying all the rumors? Just saying!!!

If I get knocked back to the 5th grade I'll play along with your (snicker, snicker) childish innuendo.

21 Sep 2010 13:43 #28 by Nmysys
Well don't pitch such a soft easy throw over the plate Wayne. It's too much to resist after all the tough ones.

21 Sep 2010 15:54 #29 by PrintSmith

LadyJazzer wrote: Ow... You wound me with your references to goose-stepping. I can never figure out if that "Progressive Agenda" is Communist or Nazi? They're at opposite ends of the spectrum, you know....

:VeryScared:

Not even close - they are at the same end of the spectrum - they both represent a total government solution to the problem of individual liberties and freedom.

21 Sep 2010 17:38 #30 by daisypusher
I would not be surprised if all clinical studies will be required to collect that data as well, as they currently do for race/ethnicity. The interesting thing is that as a researcher, you must record what the subject states. So if they say that are from Africa and are the darkest person you ever saw and they indicate Caucasian, then that is what they are in your study. Is there an "other" selection for Sexual Preference? Just asking.....

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds