Require Disclosure of Sexual Preferences and Identity

20 Sep 2010 10:46 - 20 Sep 2010 12:49 #1 by Nmysys
You will love this one LJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is my Conservative rant of the day, week, month, probably year.

IMHO, this is going too far. But hell, this is my opinion.

I hope the posting Police doesn't arrest me for something I unintentionally do wrong by posting this one.

House Moves Bill Requiring Feds to Ask About Sexual Orientation, Identity

Published September 20, 2010

| FoxNews.com

(Picture Not shown)
Shown here is Rep. Tammy Baldwin. (House.gov)

The House last week advanced a bill that would for the first time require federal health officials to ask patients about their sexual orientation and gender identity.

The proposal introduced by Rep. Tammy Baldwin, D-Wis., the first openly gay woman elected to Congress, cleared a House Energy and Commerce subcommittee on a party-line vote Thursday. Republican attempts to block or restrict the measure failed.

Though critics say the move represents an invasion of privacy, the legislation was cast as a way to help federal officials gather data so they can track "health disparities" based on those sexual identity factors.

"This bill is about collecting data. No more, no less," Baldwin said at the hearing last week. She said federal programs generally do not collect this data, and that "as a result we are left with gaping holes in our knowledge on LGBT health."

Under the proposal, programs and surveys administered through the Department of Health and Human Services would be required to ask people about their sexual orientation and gender identity, though the response would be voluntary.

Baldwin stressed that providing the information would "never" be a condition for receiving care.

But Republicans expressed concern that the policy would cover school-based health centers, meaning kids could be asked about which sex they identify with and are attracted to.

"If you're a young person, you may not even know what the questions refer to," said Rep. Joe Barton, R-Texas, among the 10 Republicans who voted against the bill. "And for the life of me I cannot see ... why this is something that the federal government should get itself involved with."

Barton suggested the policy would be a drain on resources and tried to neutralize -- or at least postpone -- the measure by introducing an amendment that would restrict the secretary from implementing the policy "until such date that the secretary certifies that the national deficit is $0."

The amendment failed. The bill goes next to the full committee for consideration.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Sep 2010 10:49 #2 by LadyJazzer
FauxNews.... rofllol :lol: FauxNews...

Let me know how that works out for ya....

20 Sep 2010 11:28 #3 by Nmysys
Okay, you say it is fake news, so that makes it fake news. Right!!!

I see it as another step forward for your Progressive Agenda, hopefully after the Elections, we can cause some back stepping, along with your goose stepping.

20 Sep 2010 11:35 #4 by LadyJazzer
Ow... You wound me with your references to goose-stepping. I can never figure out if that "Progressive Agenda" is Communist or Nazi? They're at opposite ends of the spectrum, you know....

:VeryScared:

20 Sep 2010 11:49 #5 by The Viking

Nmysys wrote: Okay, you say it is fake news, so that makes it fake news. Right!!!

I see it as another step forward for your Progressive Agenda, hopefully after the Elections, we can cause some back stepping, along with your goose stepping.

LJ just uses laughing emoticons when she has nothing intelligent to say. One day she will figure out that just laughing at something that is true will not make it disappear.

20 Sep 2010 11:50 - 20 Sep 2010 13:21 #6 by The Viking

LadyJazzer wrote: FauxNews.... rofllol :lol: FauxNews...

So i guess that means you are OK with this bill and the fact that you have to tell them your sexual preference and gender if you go into a hospital? Good to know that you are fine with the Dems trying to take away more of your freedoms and privacy. Go Dems!!! :woo hoo: :woo hoo:

20 Sep 2010 13:14 #7 by grrr

The Viking wrote:

So i guess that means you are OK with this bill and the fact that you have to tell them your sezual preference and gender if you go into a hospital? Good to know that you are fine with the Dems trying to take away more of your freedoms and privacy. Go Dems!!! :woo hoo: :woo hoo:

I'm pretty sure that it was stated clearly above that any response would be voluntary. Hooray for literacy! :woo hoo: :thumbsup: :woo hoo: :thumbsup:

20 Sep 2010 13:22 #8 by The Viking

grrr wrote:

The Viking wrote:

So i guess that means you are OK with this bill and the fact that you have to tell them your sezual preference and gender if you go into a hospital? Good to know that you are fine with the Dems trying to take away more of your freedoms and privacy. Go Dems!!! :woo hoo: :woo hoo:

I'm pretty sure that it was stated clearly above that any response would be voluntary. Hooray for literacy! :woo hoo: :thumbsup: :woo hoo: :thumbsup:

But they are required to ask into your privacy and personal life. This is always the first step. Just like with healthcare, it was voluntary but now it is mandatory and you can be fined for not having it. You will soon be fined for not disclosing your sexual preference and gender. The Dems keep pecking away a little at a time at our civil liberties.

20 Sep 2010 13:25 #9 by LadyJazzer

The Viking wrote:

So i guess that means you are OK with this bill and the fact that you have to tell them your sexual preference and gender if you go into a hospital? Good to know that you are fine with the Dems trying to take away more of your freedoms and privacy. Go Dems!!! :woo hoo: :woo hoo:

So I guess that means that you didn't read the part about "though the response would be voluntary"? So, I guess assuming that I'm "OK with a bill" because it's so irrelevant, and introducing it doesn't it mean that it will pass, and that you are "fine" with presuming to know what I mean, means you haven't got a friggin' clue.

20 Sep 2010 13:47 #10 by FredHayek
And only voluntary would make the record keeping essentially worthless, right? So just another office to collect incomplete information. I wonder how much this will cost me.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds