Increased Wiretap Authority Sought.

28 Sep 2010 12:11 #21 by ScienceChic

The Viking wrote:

SS109 wrote: Personally I am not too worried about this. If I don't want the goverment to know what I am saying, I won't put it on the net or on the phone.

I agree. I don't have anything to hide either. But I love how the same people who screamed bloody murder and how Bush was taking away their freedoms and privacy when he wanted warrentless wiretaps on calls coming in from terrorist nations right after we were attacked on 9/11, are silent on the fact that Obama now wants to be able to do it to US citizens anytime anywhere on the internet which is a lot more dangerous than a few phone calls. He is doing exactly the opposite of the change that they voted for and I think it is hilarious!!

Here's the results of a quick search on PC (since you missed this time period Viking) where MG and LJ were decrying invasion of rights (for mandatory DNA collection), under Obama's administration time:
http://www.pinecam.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... g&start=24

I know there's more out there, but I'm not gonna look them up right now. The point is, the stand is very consistent, whether it came from Bush's administration or from Obama's administration, from those you say are not vehemently against this invasion of privacy and freedoms.

For the record, I, too, am against this.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds