medical marajuana

03 Oct 2010 12:46 #1 by saraskyler
medical marajuana was created by saraskyler
I got a brochere about ballot issues. I am little confused. I thought voting for the medical marijuana would help park county in getting more sales taxes here in the county. It looks like it will do the opposite and cause more taxes. can someone explain in more clear tears that what i got in the mail as to what the bill actually means

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Oct 2010 14:05 #2 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic medical marajuana
I had the exact same problem. Maybe Sunrise can provide some info.

03 Oct 2010 18:24 #3 by rlcarolyn
Replied by rlcarolyn on topic medical marajuana
Talking with several people in other communities and also looking at the taxes that we would get Yes it would make the county money. They only problem is the commissioners and the sheriff they are saying this is what it would cost to do this. They are wrong. They have been slapped several times with lawsuits from not returning the plants to the caregivers. There are state laws that tell exactly what to do for the law enforcement. They are just lazy and really don't want to deal with anything.
By the way was that in the blue book they sent us? My husband couldn't find it. Where can I read it?

I also heard that if you are for dispensaries you need to vote no and if you are against you need to vote yes. I hear that is very confusing.

03 Oct 2010 18:29 #4 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic medical marajuana
If the vote of yes or no is confusing, then the ballot issue is not in compliance with the Tabor ammendment.

Regards,
Major Bean

03 Oct 2010 19:52 #5 by saraskyler
Replied by saraskyler on topic medical marajuana
it came in a white brochure saturday. with the water amendment. hate the sheriff bashing that 285 bound members do. did not mean to be forum for that.

04 Oct 2010 07:04 #6 by saraskyler
Replied by saraskyler on topic medical marajuana
The flyer received was white:

"General Election
A publication of Park County
This Phamphlet contains summary statements for Ballot Propositions as required by the State of Colorado..

Notice of Election
To increase Taxes/to increasse Debt
on a Citizen Petion and/or on
A referred Measure"

Inside it talks about where to vote,
Referendum 1A and 1B
and Referenddum 5A

on the front , came from Debra Green, An Official Election Mail.

04 Oct 2010 17:06 #7 by SunriseSolutions
Replied by SunriseSolutions on topic medical marajuana
I have not seen the white pamphlet yet however, my understanding of the Medical Marijuana issue is that you will be voting on whether or not it would be permitted for medical marijuana centers to operate in unincorporated Park County. You will be voting YES or NO on Prohibition, if you want MMJ Centers, you would vote NO on prohibition. You will also be voting yes or no on a 4% sales tax on all MMJ Center sales. This is just a sales tax for MMJ Centers, not for any other business's is Park County, so no tax increase will ever be felt by the general community. Right now, Park County has a 0.9% sales tax, with all of the roads, schools, enforcement divisions, and all of the other things that require money they desperately need to find new ways of making ends meet. This industry might help, while actually helping people. Right now it has been approved to do gas exploration in south park, they are looking for ways to make ends meet, and what happens when the exploration company finds something? These are hard days and times for all of us, and we all need to be creative and ambitious when we do anything in today's market. It seems that Park County has always shunned small business for the last 30 years, unless it has to do with building more houses, its never too late to start a new track record and work with what the people actually want. If there are anymore questions or comments, please speak them, I'll do my best to answer anything that I can.

SPEAK your opinion and VOTE this November.

04 Oct 2010 17:53 #8 by JMC
Thanks for the clarification.I don't want prohibition but not sure on tax. If it is medicine I would not tax but gotta think that through.

04 Oct 2010 18:53 #9 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic medical marajuana
I agree that if it is medicine, it should not be taxed. But if it is an end run around prohibition, then tax the beejeebers out of it. You cannot legislate morality, but you can sure tax the fun out of its decline.

Regards,
Major Bean

04 Oct 2010 20:09 #10 by JMC

major bean wrote: I agree that if it is medicine, it should not be taxed. But if it is an end run around prohibition, then tax the beejeebers out of it. You cannot legislate morality, but you can sure tax the fun out of its decline.

:yeahthat:

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds