Social Security Recipients Get No COLA This Next Year Again!

11 Oct 2010 18:09 - 11 Oct 2010 20:18 #11 by LOL
How about a salary freeze for all Federal workers over $60K? Did you know that 20% make over $100K?

How about a 5% annual pay cut each year for all Whitehouse and Congress until the budget is balanced?

How about the bottom 50% kick in a couple bucks for income taxes?

How about we stop borrowing a Trillion and a half dollars/year that has to be forever re-financed on average every 5 years ? Does anyone realize how risky that is? Hellooooo no Option ARMS! "Interest rate reset". Today's historic (temporary) ultra low rates... Hello, anybody home McFly?????? Bernake???? Nah. Just throw it on the credit card. Never mind. Gimme my social security with devalued US dollar. Gimme my Medicare that no Doctor is going to take. Gimme gimme.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Oct 2010 18:36 #12 by Nmysys
Catcrap:

Considering the fact that I have to live on Social Security and still complain about government programs, maybe you should look at things through other glasses instead of telling me not to bitch. I can name a huge amount of wasteful spending programs that need to be addressed, because I care about the direction of this country and I am not following the first black president blindly just as you and the rest of the left are because you are too blinded with the power instead of what he is doing to this country.

I am not too proud to accept the small pittance that I get from Social Security in order to survive, since I paid it in. But at almost 70 years old, I still cut and deliver firewood to people in the area to earn a little extra to survive. You are going to laugh at this, but I make less than $900 per month on Social Security, how much do you make?

11 Oct 2010 19:40 #13 by V_A

navycpo7 wrote: Just because the CPI was negative doesn't mean prices did not go up.

Each lawyer I have worked with has their own favorite method to calculate COLA. In the majority of the cases, they prefer to not use CPI in COLA formulas. Though some cost have went up over the past 2 years, the vast majority of cost have either stayed flat or went down. Thus COLA is flat this year.

Does SS use CPI for COLA?

11 Oct 2010 19:44 #14 by Cat Crap Hill
Black president. I guess that says it all. Were you "bitching" when George W. Bush and Congress sent U.S. troops into an unfunded war in Iraq? How about a $600 billion payout to big pharma for the infamous "donut hole" in your Medicare? Why all the concern now? Is it because a black man is president? I think so, because all the unfunded debt that George W. Bush put on the American people certainly didn't bother any of the tea partiers at that time.

I'm glad you're on social security, Nymysys. Thank goodness the government takes care of even those who positively despite it.

11 Oct 2010 20:00 #15 by HEARTLESS
CCH (definitely not a reference to Chief Crazy Horse, whom I have respect for) a couple questions for one so high and mighty. One, have you lost an appendage in the service of our country as one you are quick to criticize has? Two, have you paid in the maximum dollars to, or even the full forty quarters into, Social Security yet?

The silent majority will be silent no more.

11 Oct 2010 20:08 #16 by Nmysys
Remember me Catcrap:

I was the one who started the Tea Party Group with the comment, that I was sick and tired of the rhetoric of both parties, so you questions have absolutely no weight with me.

Yes Obama was touted as the first black president. Is that a racist remark in your eyes? Didn't the majority of African Americans vote for Obama for just that reason? Are you happy with your Hope and Change?

Just won't admit that he is the worst President in history, will you.
Have some more :Koolaid:

Sure am glad you are happy that I am on Social Security. I'm not, but we all have to survive, and I did pay into it for all of those years, so tell me, why I shouldn't be collecting it to survive!! You are just like all the rest of the hypocritical left, full of sh*t when it isn't you. At least I am man enough to admit that I am on it. Does that mean that I have to go along with everything that your Chosen One does? Not in my world, thank you. Catcrap or bulls**t, it is all the same.

11 Oct 2010 20:12 #17 by JMC
Courthouse not ring.

12 Oct 2010 09:30 #18 by Cat Crap Hill
Social Security was created by the Government as INSURANCE for older, retired people so they wouldn't starve or have to go live in the poor house. My grandmother told me that her mother was always afraid she'd have to live in the poor house. Social Security got rid of that ill -- the poor house -- and enabled retirees who didn't have pensions to be able to live in their own homes. Medicare was created by Government so older, retired people could afford medical care. The Government created these two programs as a way of THANKING retirees and INSURING that they wouldn't be cast out on the street. These are two Government programs that have worked very well.

No one should be embarrassed or mad that Social Security and Medicare are there for the elderly and for him/her when she reaches that age.

12 Oct 2010 09:35 #19 by The Viking
Yes this is the first time in history that there was no increase for 2 years in a row. More 'change' we can beleive in.

12 Oct 2010 10:12 #20 by pineinthegrass

The Viking wrote: Yes this is the first time in history that there was no increase for 2 years in a row. More 'change' we can beleive in.

Yeah, too bad inflation has been in check the last two years (per the CPI). Let's get inflation raised higher! :woo hoo:

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds