Park County Voting has begun - a quick giude

14 Oct 2010 04:44 #1 by V_A
This week the mail-in ballots began to arrive via USPS.

If you are tired of a certain group (CROP) spreading rumors and accusations, please fill in your ballot for all county positions. CROP is actively working to kick off a project to recall the Sheriff & BOCC members after they have been in office for 6 months following their election. To make the recall a reality they must gather signatures from registered voters that equals 25% of the votes for person x in the last election. By voting for all candidates you set the bar higher and make their dream of a recall more difficult. This group is trying a back door effort to get people in office that lost prior elections (Graves for Sheriff & Hopkins for BOCC) (the previous sentence is my personal belief as I'm not invited to the secret CROP meetings)

If you believe the anti PCSO and CROP group has valid points and these people should be a recalled, please send your ballots back with the Sheriff area blank or write in a candidate. For the BOCC either leave the ballot blank or vote for Monica Jones.

Personally, I will vote for Monica Jones. She has a real chance of winning and can help our county. I'm not voting for her becuase I support the CROP group.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Oct 2010 09:27 #2 by Mtn Gramma
I am voting for Monica Jones because I believe she is knowledgeable and fiscally responsible. I am voting for Anissa Price because I don't support county dynasties and think Mr. Kintz is young, arrogant, and no better qualified than his opponent. I am not voting for ANY candidate that does not have an opponent, not because I support CROP or the anti-PCSO but because if they have no opponent they are a shoe-in and don't need my vote. I am not voting for Sheriff because I cannot support any of the three candidates.

14 Oct 2010 10:52 #3 by ColoradoXprss

AVs Good Twin wrote: This week the mail-in ballots began to arrive via USPS.

If you are tired of a certain group (CROP) spreading rumors and accusations, please fill in your ballot for all county positions. CROP is actively working to kick off a project to recall the Sheriff & BOCC members after they have been in office for 6 months following their election. To make the recall a reality they must gather signatures from registered voters that equals 25% of the votes for person x in the last election. By voting for all candidates you set the bar higher and make their dream of a recall more difficult. This group is trying a back door effort to get people in office that lost prior elections (Graves for Sheriff & Hopkins for BOCC) (the previous sentence is my personal belief as I'm not invited to the secret CROP meetings)

If you believe the anti PCSO and CROP group has valid points and these people should be a recalled, please send your ballots back with the Sheriff area blank or write in a candidate. For the BOCC either leave the ballot blank or vote for Monica Jones.

Personally, I will vote for Monica Jones. She has a real chance of winning and can help our county. I'm not voting for her becuase I support the CROP group.

And if you're tired of the BS from AVSwannabeTWIN...then you would ignore his entire rant above which is nothing more than a smear campaign toward Park County residents who have been providing the facts to the voting constituents. Then IMHO go read the factual information in the appropriate threads that have been brought to the table for Park County Residents to make a better educated decision on who they care to vote for. If the majority of Park County Residents have no concerns whatsoever with how our County has been run for the past 12+ years then so be it, but I'll place my faith in the fact that a majority of Park County Residents are fed up with the overspending, no accountability and no transparency in the Park County Administration currently on a free for all downward spiral of our taxpayer dollars. This includes the BOCC, Judges, Coroner's office, Road and Bridge; all the way down to the Sheriff's department. We deserve a lot better for Park County and it all begins with "YOU", the voting public.  :Thanks: for reading.

14 Oct 2010 10:54 #4 by ColoradoXprss

Mtn Gramma wrote: I am voting for Monica Jones because I believe she is knowledgeable and fiscally responsible. I am voting for Anissa Price because I don't support county dynasties and think Mr. Kintz is young, arrogant, and no better qualified than his opponent. I am not voting for ANY candidate that does not have an opponent, not because I support CROP or the anti-PCSO but because if they have no opponent they are a shoe-in and don't need my vote. I am not voting for Sheriff because I cannot support any of the three candidates.

:goodpost:

14 Oct 2010 11:00 - 14 Oct 2010 15:58 #5 by AV8OR

The BALLOTS are out and YOU now HAVE A VOICE:

If YOU desire YOUR VOICE be heard and are tired of the following actions by the COMMISSIONERS :

1.) Overspending of YOUR tax dollars through projects that would further put Park County into DEBT.
A.) NEW Communications Building.
2.) Maintaining IRRESPONSIBLE county spending practices.
3.) Failure to practice a NON-COMPETE bidding practice on all large, material goods or services.
4.) Failure to "forward look" at what business industry would make a good fit within the county and bring potential skilled labor positions, tax revenue and a good quality of life for the citizens.
5.) REPEATED overspending of annual revenue by the SPENDING OF FUND RESERVES (ROBBING the county savings accounts).
6.) NO TRANSPARENCY and almost zero ACCOUNTIBILITY.

VOTE: MONICA JONES

If YOU desire YOUR VOICE be heard and are tired of the following actions by the SHERIFF :

1.) NO TRANSPARENCY and NO ACCOUNTIBILITY.
2.) The practice of allowing Deputies to take county owned vehicles across multiple county lines for the purpose of COMMUTING.
3.) The practice of allowing Deputies to refuel the "commuted" county vehicle at TAXPAYER EXPENSE.
4.) The allowance of Deputies to still remain employed after a FACTUAL complaint to ############ (edited by AV8or, pending public release)."
5.) The practice of the SHERIFF consistently overspending the ORIGINAL approved Department Budget by over $5 million dollars, then going back to the commissioners and requesting MORE money. DEFICIT SPENDING!
6.) The practice of intimidating citizens by making BAD police stops, false detainment and BAD ARRESTS.
7.) The practice of harrassing citizens, allowing animal control officers (improperly trained) to conduct "shoddy" investigations leading to the improper seizure of a citizen's cattle, which subsequently led to "bad testimony" in court.
8.) The practice of the SHERIFF arresting citizens WITHOUT observing "DUE PROCESS" of law. CIVIL RIGHTS VIOLATION
9.) The practice of the SHERIFF intimidating the citizens by campaiging in a "partisan" environment while wearing uniform and equipment of AUTHORITY.

If you believe that ANY of the above items ARE TRUTHFUL, you might consider a vote for

[center:3bnv5349]A NECESSARY UPGRADE FROM THE CURRENT THE ESTABLISHED PRACTICE.[/center:3bnv5349]

Now if YOU believe that NONE of the items for ANY of the above races are TRUE, then YOU may continue to vote as usual.

The people of Park County and independent citizens of an organization called C.R.O.P. enjoy their own beliefs as to any of the above items. There are NO secret meetings, NO secret brotherhood grip NOR secret token. It is just people organized with a belief or cause.

ABOVE ALL ELSE, exercise YOUR right to VOTE YOUR VOICE.

(edited by author to temporarily remove some content)

14 Oct 2010 11:27 #6 by ColoradoXprss

AV8OR wrote:

The BALLOTS are out and YOU now HAVE A VOICE:

If YOU desire YOUR VOICE be heard and are tired of the following actions by the COMMISSIONERS :

1.) Overspending of YOUR tax dollars through projects that would further put Park County into DEBT.
A.) NEW Communications Building.
2.) Maintaining IRRESPONSIBLE county spending practices.
3.) Failure to practice a NON-COMPETE bidding practice on all large, material goods or services.
4.) Failure to "forward look" at what business industry would make a good fit within the county and bring potential skilled labor positions, tax revenue and a good quality of life for the citizens.
5.) REPEATED overspending of annual revenue by the SPENDING OF FUND RESERVES (ROBBING the county savings accounts).
6.) NO TRANSPARENCY and almost zero ACCOUNTIBILITY.

VOTE: MONICA JONES

If YOU desire YOUR VOICE be heard and are tired of the following actions by the SHERIFF :

1.) NO TRANSPARENCY and NO ACCOUNTIBILITY.
2.) The practice of allowing Deputies to take county owned vehicles across multiple county lines for the purpose of COMMUTING.
3.) The practice of allowing Deputies to refuel the "commuted" county vehicle at TAXPAYER EXPENSE.
4.) The allowance of Deputies to still remain employed after a FACTUAL complaint to ############ (edited by AV8or, pending public release)."
5.) The practice of the SHERIFF consistently overspending the ORIGINAL approved Department Budget by over $5 million dollars, then going back to the commissioners and requesting MORE money. DEFICIT SPENDING!
6.) The practice of intimidating citizens by making BAD police stops, false detainment and BAD ARRESTS.
7.) The practice of harrassing citizens, allowing animal control officers (improperly trained) to conduct "shoddy" investigations leading to the improper seizure of a citizen's cattle, which subsequently led to "bad testimony" in court.
8.) The practice of the SHERIFF arresting citizens WITHOUT observing "DUE PROCESS" of law. CIVIL RIGHTS VIOLATION
9.) The practice of the SHERIFF intimidating the citizens by campaiging in a "partisan" environment while wearing uniform and equipment of AUTHORITY.

If you believe that ANY of the above items ARE TRUTHFUL, you might consider a vote for

[center:32eilcru]A NECESSARY UPGRADE FROM THE CURRENT THE ESTABLISHED PRACTICE.[/center:32eilcru]

Now if YOU believe that NONE of the items for ANY of the above races are TRUE, then YOU may continue to vote as usual.

The people of Park County and independent citizens of an organization called C.R.O.P. enjoy their own beliefs as to any of the above items. There are NO secret meetings, NO secret brotherhood grip NOR secret token. It is just people organized with a belief or cause.

ABOVE ALL ELSE, exercise YOUR right to VOTE YOUR VOICE.

EXCELLENT!!!!!  :Thanks:

14 Oct 2010 13:21 #7 by MamaRama
:yeahthat: to BOTH Coloradoxprss and AV8OR!!

14 Oct 2010 13:34 #8 by V_A
Who am I?

:yeahthat:

:Thanks:

14 Oct 2010 13:40 #9 by V_A

ColoradoXprss wrote:
And if you're tired of the BS from AVSwannabeTWIN...then you would ignore his entire rant above which is nothing more than a smear campaign toward Park County residents who have been providing the facts to the voting constituents.

Posting both options for voters makes it a smear job. My point of view for the anti PCSO side is not going to be as passionate as those who have anti PCSO beliefs. I believe COXprss, I could give you a $100 bill and you would find a reason to bitch and moan that the bill isn't new or isn't used enough etc.

14 Oct 2010 14:20 #10 by AV8OR
FOLKS,

Can we keep this thread on topic. I believe it was set-up for folks to grasp an understanding of PARK COUNTY, Colorado races and their issues. If it is not, and has other motives, let me know and I will focus my valuable time elsewhere.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds