Liberal Reporter Thug Threatens Journalist Over Rahm Questio

14 Oct 2010 07:29 #1 by Nmysys
Chicago Politics and Obama Politics merge so well.

We’ve often said that the media “protects” President Obama but this video from WIND radio host and Big Blogs contributor William Kelly shows this allegation literally.

Kelly, a Chicagoan, was there when Rahm Emmanuel was pressing the flesh, kissing babies, and greeting reporters. Emmanuel didn’t account for unassuming Kelly to fire off serious journalistic questions more pressing than the requisite “how’s it feel to be back?”

Complete story and video:

http://www.westernjournalism.com/liberal-reporter-thug-threatens-journalist-over-rahm-questioning/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Oct 2010 11:19 #2 by Wayne Harrison
Is this what we've come to: Partisan bloggers trying to interrupt and then showing "outrage" when they're asked to stop?

As one of the commenters on the link you provided pointed out:

"As a conservative who has no use for Rahm Emmanuel all I can say is this Kelly guy is an idiot as well. Ask tough questions at the proper venue, going out there to throw bombs for no reason makes you no better and maybe worse than those you're trying to demean."

BTW, Kelly is not a reporter. On his own website he describes himself as a "conservative satirist and commentator." In other words, he's a Rush wannabe and his child-like antics of trying to interrupt Emmanuel's statements showed he himself is the bully. His big smile at the end showed he clearly got what he was coming for.

He identified himself as a WIND reporter, but he's not even a WIND employee. He buys airtime on WIND for his political program. And, did you notice he identified himself as a "radio" reporter but showed up with a video camera? Apparently he couldn't make up his mind.

After watching the clip, "unassuming" isn't the first adjective that comes to mind when describing Kelly. The only person who asked how it felt to be back was Kelly himself. And as for "serious journalistic questions," one assumes he means questions like, "There are a lot of people who speculate that the stimulus was just payback to your Wall Street friends who made you a multi-multi-millionaire. What do you say to those people?" -- that is, pointed, rhetorical questions only intended to score political points, which Kelly insisted on asking.

Kelly immediately portrayed Levine's blow-up as an example of the press cozying up to Emanuel and playing softball. But Levine's own station seemed to find his actions perfectly defensible. "Jay is an aggressive reporter, and we let his reporting do the talking for him," said a spokesperson to the Sun-Times.

Funnily enough, this isn't the first time fisticuffs and politics have mixed for the Southside Republican. Kelly ran in the Republican primary for comptroller, where he lost to Judy Baar Topinka. But during the primary, he released a head-scratcher of a video challenging Democratic Senate candidate Alexi Giannoulias to a boxing match.

[youtube:2bes4zdg]
[/youtube:2bes4zdg]

So this is the "journalist" reprter you use as an example?

14 Oct 2010 12:02 #3 by Nmysys
It is well known that Chicago politics is an example of corruption!!

I need say no more.

14 Oct 2010 12:07 #4 by Whatevergreen
But this story is not proof of it.

14 Oct 2010 13:53 #5 by TPP
Sometimes I watch, The O'Really Factor, and just LOL, as these slimeballs run from his reporters/producers.

14 Oct 2010 15:21 #6 by Jonathan Hemlock
I have to ask Pineguy (with a smirk on my face, of course) if he really supports Rahm Emmanuel for Mayor of Chicago? As if Daley wasn't corrupt enough.

As a Satirist yes, he got what he came for and that's what's comical about it but, it does show how "softball" the media is towards Emmanuel. By substitution, you can place Obama or anyone else connected to Obama into this media softball routine. As is his recent boss, Emmanual, is nowhere near qualified to be the mayor of a large municipality. Unless of course Chicagoans want their city to be further run into the ground, while political corruption and street crime grows rampant and organized labor directs pretty much everything political and economic.

14 Oct 2010 17:53 #7 by Wayne Harrison
Who said I supported Rahm Emmanuel for anything? I was just pointing out the "reporter" in the original post is really a political hack.

14 Oct 2010 18:12 #8 by Jonathan Hemlock
Hack or not, he was succesful in proving his point.

14 Oct 2010 18:32 #9 by Whatevergreen

Jonathan Hemlock wrote: succesful in proving his point.

The point being: When you show no respect, don't expect any in return.

20 Oct 2010 08:47 #10 by Wayne Harrison
All the "reporter" plant proved was that he was a jerk.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds