Platte Canyon Fire

30 May 2010 17:53 #1 by CC
Platte Canyon Fire was created by CC
I have a hard enough time respecting these guys after this past election but I just can't seem to get a break on that disrespect building.
Today...I am out in the yard working and my neighbor (who is a FF) goes flying down the street like there is some big fire he is rushing to. Dust flying everywhere. If a kid or a horse had been up there they would have been in danger.
I come in to listen to the scanner to see where he is going in such a hurry and find out it is a dog bite call.
Geeez Louise. SLOW DOWN BONEHEADS!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 May 2010 22:33 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Platte Canyon Fire
Have to agree. I see too often cases of emergency vehicles getting in accidents. They may be better trained drivers than us, but physics & random actions of animals and other humans cannot always be guessed.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

31 May 2010 08:50 #3 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Platte Canyon Fire
Doesn't seem like a dog bite would require that type of response.

Was he running code (i.e., lights and siren)?

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

31 May 2010 09:02 #4 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic Platte Canyon Fire
I once called in a 285 driver who was speeding, and weaving through traffic... the call started in Jeffco and the driver went into Park County. A deputy pulled him over near the top of Crow Hill, where i caught up with him.

Turns out he was a search and rescue guy going to a "practice" call in Breckenridge. The deputy told me he chewed the responder out really good.

31 May 2010 20:56 #5 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Platte Canyon Fire
He was not running code. Just driving really fast for conditions. Dust was flying up so high that I couldn't even see the mailboxes across the street.
They all just seem to be cowboys. I have come to expect this kind of behavior from the young guys but this guy is much older and should know better.
I just think there is a serious attitude problem with these guys and it is getting worse.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds