Internet Addiction

31 May 2010 02:43 #1 by Rockdoc
Internet Addiction was created by Rockdoc
I'm providing a link to an article about a couple who let their baby die while they played internet games. Tragic is all I can say.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37399937/ns ... d_gadgets/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 May 2010 06:13 #2 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Internet Addiction
I think these two had issues long before they had a baby. But that is heartbreaking Rockdoc.

31 May 2010 06:15 #3 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Internet Addiction
Let me turn the tables then and post a link to a heart warming story that had me shedding tears of joy.

31 May 2010 09:09 #4 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Internet Addiction
Where's the link hunny? That was such a sad story. Only feed your baby one a day (rotten formula) and then beat it when it's hungry. And their letting her keep the next baby???????? That wouldn't happen here. What a disgusting couple of people. RIP poor baby.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

31 May 2010 09:11 #5 by Rockdoc
Yes, I believe you are right. These people had a problem before a child was born to them. It simply boggles my mind that addiction can completely obliterate your moral compass. Where is the sense of responsibility? It with the addiction telling its host the best thing they can do is feed it. And, that comes at the expense of self and family. It would be huge to find ways of inhibiting addictive behavior.

31 May 2010 09:23 #6 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Internet Addiction
I'm so lazy sometimes I call my wife on the cell phone when she's upstairs, but i've never carried on a conversation with her on a message board like you two lovebirds do..I'm gonna have her log on here so we can do it to, but we've been married forever so be warned, it could get ugly. Her favorite subjects are what I should be doing instead of what i'm doing, whats wrong with me, and things we need to do to the house for no reason that cost a lot of money.

31 May 2010 09:24 #7 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Internet Addiction

Vice Lord wrote: I'm so lazy sometimes I call my wife on the cell phone when she's upstairs, but i've never carried on a conversation with her on a message board like you two lovebirds do..I'm gonna have her log on here so we can do it to, but we've been married forever so be warned, it could get ugly. Her favorite subjects are what I should be doing instead of what i'm doing, whats wrong with me, and things we need to do to the house for no reason that cost a lot of money.

rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

31 May 2010 09:31 - 31 May 2010 19:06 #8 by pound dog mom
Replied by pound dog mom on topic Internet Addiction
This is just too sad. I am an internet junkie but...

31 May 2010 09:40 #9 by Rockdoc

Sunshine Girl wrote: Where's the link hunny? That was such a sad story. Only feed your baby one a day (rotten formula) and then beat it when it's hungry. And their letting her keep the next baby???????? That wouldn't happen here. What a disgusting couple of people. RIP poor baby.

Right at the top of the thread. in my initial post, love. The story is tragic for sure and the fact they are addicts does not absolve them of their crime. Yet, it is clear they like all addicts that are hooked on something that takes over their lives at the expense of everything they love in it, they desperately need help

31 May 2010 09:42 #10 by Rockdoc

Vice Lord wrote: I'm so lazy sometimes I call my wife on the cell phone when she's upstairs, but i've never carried on a conversation with her on a message board like you two lovebirds do..I'm gonna have her log on here so we can do it to, but we've been married forever so be warned, it could get ugly. Her favorite subjects are what I should be doing instead of what i'm doing, whats wrong with me, and things we need to do to the house for no reason that cost a lot of money.

Well that may or may not be beneficial for you or her. I would hope that you make a concerted effort to behave. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds