Evergreen/Conifer Tea Party Pulls Maes Endorsement

23 Oct 2010 15:51 #11 by Grady

Pineguy wrote: I'm kinda wondering why you guys endorsed him in the first place? Didn't anybody check him out or did you just see the big "R" by his name?

it wasn't the 285 Corridor TP that endorsed Maes it was the Evergreen/Conifer Tea Party who endorsed Maes;

Here is how the ECTP came to it's decision to endorse Maes
At the beginning of the year we (all the State Liberty groups) were presented with an opportunity to join and use the resources of the ICaucus to vet candidates. They have been extremely successful in their home State of Utah and are expanding their program nationwide. All of the major party candidates were offered an 80 question vetting questionnaire to evaluate their understanding of and agreement to abide by our constitutional values. Our members, along with other members of the ICaucus scored the returned the signed questionnaires. Dan, I believe, scored an 84. Scott McInnis declined to participate.

Those candidates who scored over 80% were then invited to participate in a teleconference with all of our members that had chosen to participate wherein they could ask questions about anything they cared to ask. This interview with Dan was about an hour long. After this interview the participating members were asked to vote on an endorsement. Dan received above the 70% of the vote threshold required for endorsement.

Looks to me, like the process needs some work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Oct 2010 15:54 #12 by Grady

LadyJazzer wrote: Did you not understand the question?

"I'm kinda wondering why you guys endorsed him in the first place? Didn't anybody check him out or did you just see the big "R" by his name?"

If they were looking for the "R" they would have endorsed McInnis.

23 Oct 2010 17:00 #13 by Nmysys
Apparently the Libs on this forum can't understand that the 285 CORRIDOR TEA PARTY GROUP DID NOT ENDORSE DAN MAES!!!

23 Oct 2010 17:09 #14 by LadyJazzer
Seeing as how the title of this thread is: "Evergreen/Conifer Tea Party Pulls Maes Endorsement"

And the assumption is that the TeaBaggers that DID endorse Maes were, therefore, the ECTP and would appear to be the topic of the question:

"I'm kinda wondering why you guys endorsed him in the first place? Didn't anybody check him out or did you just see the big "R" by his name?"

I guess the term "you guys" would therefore apply to anyone in the ECTP.... Apparently the Paleo-Cons can't understand that the question still begs an answer... Why WOULD they endorse him in the first place? Did the big "R" by his name blind you? Since the question wasn't specific to the 285 Corridor TP, continuing to try to side-step it doesn't really matter...

23 Oct 2010 18:52 #15 by Grady

LadyJazzer wrote: Seeing as how the title of this thread is: "Evergreen/Conifer Tea Party Pulls Maes Endorsement"

And the assumption is that the TeaBaggers that DID endorse Maes were, therefore, the ECTP and would appear to be the topic of the question:

I guess the term "you guys" would therefore apply to anyone in the ECTP.... Apparently the Paleo-Cons can't understand that the question still begs an answer... Why WOULD they endorse him in the first place? Did the big "R" by his name blind you? Since the question wasn't specific to the 285 Corridor TP, continuing to try to side-step it doesn't really matter...

I posted how they selected Maes to endorse. Why? Who knows? My guess and it's only a guess is that Danny is their hometown boy, a neighbor and maybe friends with some of their members. If you really want to know go to their next meeting and ask. Or I can forward you the email address of their president if you'd like a direct answer.

23 Oct 2010 19:24 #16 by LadyJazzer
No, I think I've got my answer... Thank you for a serious response. Others seem to be only capable of the ubiquitous Obama cheap-shot.

23 Oct 2010 20:13 #17 by CC

Becky wrote: No one checked Obama out.
Was it cause of the big D next to his name?

23 Oct 2010 20:18 #18 by jf1acai

No, I think I've got my answer... Thank you for a serious response. Others seem to be only capable of the ubiquitous Obama cheap-shot.

That is quite an accolade, from the cheap-shot master!

:lol:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

24 Oct 2010 22:20 #19 by DaffyDick

Pineguy wrote: The Evergreen/Conifer Tea Party, a non-profit Evergreen based liberty group, has joined numerous other groups and politicians in rescinding our groups endorsement of Dan Maes for Governor. The ECTP was one of the first liberty groups to endorse Dan Maes in late January 2010. Members have been pondering this decision for months as the Maes campaign has been self-imploding. A recent poll reflected 80% of participating ECTP members wish to withdraw our endorsement of Maes. Consensus among ECTP members is that Dan Maes is not qualified to lead our state due to revelations and issues that have surfaced since the primary. ECTP’s philosophy is common sense government with a “policy over party” approach and we seek elected officials who are conservative and will be accountable to the people, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights regardless of party affiliation.

Don Christenson
Organizer – Evergreen/Conifer Tea Party

NO. I'm shocked.

Just because he pulled thousands of dollars from his campaign fund for his own personal use, you Tea Party guys are abandoning him?

How pitiful. Which then you latched on to Tancredo who is even more despicable than Maes.

How pathetic.

24 Oct 2010 22:50 #20 by The Viking

DaffyDick wrote:

Pineguy wrote: The Evergreen/Conifer Tea Party, a non-profit Evergreen based liberty group, has joined numerous other groups and politicians in rescinding our groups endorsement of Dan Maes for Governor. The ECTP was one of the first liberty groups to endorse Dan Maes in late January 2010. Members have been pondering this decision for months as the Maes campaign has been self-imploding. A recent poll reflected 80% of participating ECTP members wish to withdraw our endorsement of Maes. Consensus among ECTP members is that Dan Maes is not qualified to lead our state due to revelations and issues that have surfaced since the primary. ECTP’s philosophy is common sense government with a “policy over party” approach and we seek elected officials who are conservative and will be accountable to the people, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights regardless of party affiliation.

Don Christenson
Organizer – Evergreen/Conifer Tea Party

NO. I'm shocked.

Just because he pulled thousands of dollars from his campaign fund for his own personal use, you Tea Party guys are abandoning him?

How pitiful. Which then you latched on to Tancredo who is even more despicable than Maes.

How pathetic.

How is Tancredo Despicable? Even his opponents have said he is one of the most straight forward guys they know whether they agree with him or not. He has never strayed from his beliefs or positions. So is he despicalbel just because you don't agree with him?

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds