African Immigrant Leaders Support Tancredo, Angry at Obama

25 Oct 2010 09:43 #11 by Wayne Harrison
While I voted for Tancredo I don't put the issues of the Sudanese refugee community high among my list of problems I want the president to address. Frankly I don't even know if there's a Sudanese refugee community in Colorado.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Oct 2010 14:54 #12 by Jonathan Hemlock
Viking, you should be more forgiving! Hickenlooper can't help himself. He's a Lib! You can add him to the list that includes Michael Bennet and Nancy Pelosi. If King Obama says "do it" Hickenlooper, like Bennet, will do it. That you can count on. He doesn't mean to be so far Left, he just is Far Left!

Can't you find it in your heart to be more accepting...to be more diverse in your thinking? To be more accomodating?

How else are we as a nation to become as enlightened as the Liberal elite that we currently have in Wasington?

25 Oct 2010 15:03 #13 by Jonathan Hemlock
Pineguy:

Again, you simply miss the point!

It is not merely that Tom Tancredo wishes the President to address the Sudanese and Darfur problem...oops, I mean the GENOCIDE of an entire Province of people; its that Tom Tancredo acts on a principle above and beyond that which is nowhere near the agenda of Barack Obama.

Tom Tancredo appears to be so much more in tune to reality, as simply a candidate for Governor of Colorado, than the President of the United States may ever be.

25 Oct 2010 15:09 #14 by Nmysys
JH:

The president won't even address the real issues that are affecting the American people, no less the problems of the sub-Sahara areas of Africa, where even his own family ( part ) is from.

25 Oct 2010 15:39 #15 by Jonathan Hemlock
How about the practically non-existent US efforts to stop the pirating of the world's goods on vessels off of the waters of the East coast of Africa and particularly that of Somalia?

25 Oct 2010 15:39 #16 by Grady
I posted this link to demonstrate that Tancredo is not a xenophobe nor a racist. That people of color can and do support Tancredo. In fact I think the latest polls show him even or even slightly ahead of Hickenlooper with legal Hispanic voters.

25 Oct 2010 15:45 #17 by Nmysys
Magellan Strategies Poll, Colorado Governor: Hickenlooper 44%, Tancredo 43%, Maes 9%
Magellan Strategies ^ | 10-22-10 | David Flaherty

Posted on Friday, October 22, 2010 1:39:15 PM by TitansAFC

Magellan Data and Mapping Strategies today released the results of an automated survey of 1,067 likely voters in the state of Colorado looking at the race for Governor. The findings show Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper and former Congressman Tom Tancredo in a statistical tie. Among likely voters, Democrat John Hickenlooper has 44%, American Constitution Party candidate Tom Tancredo has 43%, and embattled Republican candidate Dan Maes has 9% support. The generic “other candidate” has 2%, and only 2% responded as undecided.

Since our Colorado Governor survey on August 25th, support for Dan Maes has plummeted from 27% to 9%, a total of 18 points. It is clear the vast majority of former Dan Maes supporters are moving into the Tom Tancredo column. Since our August survey, support for Tom Tancredo has increased from 17% to 43%, a total of 27 points. John Hickenlooper has not been able to reach the crucial 50% threshold, and has in fact dropped 2 points since our August survey, from 46% to 44%. The following table looks at the ballot test by major voting subgroups....

(Excerpt) Read more at magellanstrategies.com ...

Poll Date Sample Hickenlooper (D) Tancredo Maes (R) Spread
RCP Average 10/15 - 10/23 -- 46.2 40.2 9.4 Hickenlooper +6.0
PPP (D) 10/21 - 10/23 818 LV 47 44 5 Hickenlooper +3
Denver Post/SurveyUSA 10/19 - 10/21 621 LV 49 39 9 Hickenlooper +10
Magellan Strategies (R) 10/20 - 10/20 1067 LV 44 43 9 Hickenlooper +1
Reuters/Ipsos 10/15 - 10/17 405 LV 46 35 14 Hickenlooper +11
FOX News/POR-Rasmussen 10/16 - 10/16 1000 LV 45 40 10 Hickenlooper +5

25 Oct 2010 15:57 #18 by Jonathan Hemlock
Hey, there's some news!

Can you imagine, after the State of Colorado having voted for Obama, his associates, and his campaign of rhetoric, now coming to realize they were mistaken and now must fervently act to swing the pendulum back towards a true conservative form of governance?

Only this time, I'm certain the pendulum is likely to swing to the right and then contiune to stay further to the right, than it has in a long, long time. Hurray!

25 Oct 2010 16:43 #19 by Nmysys
Tancredo for Governor of the Great State of Colorado!!!

Imagine that. We could call Colorado great again, and not have a sanctuary city. We would actually have a governor in support of the Arizona Law.

25 Oct 2010 17:28 #20 by Travelingirl

Nmysys wrote: Just maybe we can talk Tom into running for President again in '16.

Travelingirl did you see the pictures in the Conifer meeting? You really missed a great meeting.

I did see the pictures and I hate missing meetings! Looks like I'll be in town for about 24 hours later this week - long enough to check on my house and have dinner with my kids! I would love to meet you and the other fine folks at the Tea Party meetings!! I mailed my ballot so at the very least I was able to vote. Thanks for all of the interesting topics you post. 285Bound has been a great place to learn a few things! I hope to meet you someday soon!

:balloons:

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds