Prediction time for the United States Senate.

25 Oct 2010 09:16 #1 by The Viking
How many seats will the Republicans pick up in the Senate next week. I don't think they will take it over. There are only 11 up for grabs that could change hands. I am predicting 7.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Oct 2010 10:15 #2 by FredHayek
49 Repubs, 49 Dems, & 2 Independents. And Buck is still too close to call.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 Oct 2010 10:22 #3 by The Viking

SS109 wrote: 49 Repubs, 49 Dems, & 2 Independents. And Buck is still too close to call.

So you think 8 or 9?

25 Oct 2010 10:27 #4 by Wayne Harrison
I forgot. What was it you guys did in 2007 that pissed the voters off so bad you lost control of both houses?

25 Oct 2010 10:32 #5 by AV8OR

Pineguy wrote: I forgot. What was it you guys did in 2007 that pissed the voters off so bad you lost control of both houses?

No matter what it was: IT AIN'T NOTHING LIKE WHAT YOU FOLKS HAVE DONE OVER THE LAST ONE YEAR AND NINE MONTHS!

25 Oct 2010 10:34 #6 by AV8OR
I believe with a BUCK victory, eight is plausible.

25 Oct 2010 10:38 #7 by Wayne Harrison
I have a hunch the Dems will lose control of the House but retain control of the Senate by a narrow margin, which means it won't be as bad as it was in 2007 for the Republicans.

25 Oct 2010 10:39 #8 by The Viking

Pineguy wrote: I forgot. What was it you guys did in 2007 that pissed the voters off so bad you lost control of both houses?

It was 2006, and since then votors realize how good they had it and how huge a mistake it was to hand control over to the Dems. Since 2007, this country has gone to hell and our deficit has increased more than anyone could have imagined with nothing to show for it. And we are still in the Recession that started in late 2007, a year after Pelosi and Reid took control of all spending bills.

25 Oct 2010 10:41 #9 by RenegadeCJ

Absolutely nothing....which is what the Obama admin and dem house and senate supermajority have done for the last 2 yrs, and the dem house and senate did since 2006.

The politicians need to get serious, and the people need to hold them accountable. I believe that is exactly what will happen. The conservative groups (such as the Heritage foundation) and the tea parties will hold their own people's feet to the fire to do the hard work required. Sacrifice will need to happen by all.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

25 Oct 2010 10:45 #10 by The Viking

Pineguy wrote: I have a hunch the Dems will lose control of the House but retain control of the Senate by a narrow margin, which means it won't be as bad as it was in 2007 for the Republicans.

Yeah they just had a story about that. They think the Republican controlled house will pass bills to fix this mess and cut spending, but the Democratic controlled Senate will stop those bills and we will be in a stalemate for the next two years continuing to slide backwards but at least the House will stop the stupid out of control spending and bills that solve nothing and only add to the deficit. So our debt will not be near as large as it would have been. And then in 2012 when Obama has accomplished nothing and only 10 Republicans are up for re-election in the Senate and the Dems have 21 including the 2 independents that vote with them, the Republicans should gain another 5-10 in the Senate and take over both and start to fix this country again.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds