Ken Buck doesn't believe in separation of church and state

26 Oct 2010 22:40 #31 by navycpo7

The Viking wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote:

The Viking wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: No...It's a realistic world, without invisible men in it.

So sad and so empty.............

You have a right to your beliefs... You do NOT have a right to cram your beliefs down anyone else's throats.

I am not trying to cram at all. I am just hoping that you all will finally see the light before it is too late.

If I remember some of my history, one of the main reason for leaving england was to get away from the Church of England which really had more authority over people than the king himself. Thus seperation of church and state slowly developed in this country. I do not have a problem with that, what i do have a problem with is how some groups out there want to change things to fit thier needs, one example is how in California, they want to take god out of the pledge of alligance. Some groups want God taken off our money things like this. No one forces anyone to say the pledge, you don't like the money don't use it, actually they don't like this country hell another great freedom we have, pack up and leave it. What pchistory stated is exactly it. We all have the right to chose religion or not, to chose who each ones god is. That is what makes us free. Among other things.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Oct 2010 22:41 #32 by LadyJazzer

26 Oct 2010 22:47 #33 by The Viking

LadyJazzer wrote:

The Viking wrote:

This was your quote. So are you saying that our founding fathers were foolish and believed in an invisible man that is not based on a realistic world?

No, I said that was MY belief... I already posted a very long article that defined what the founding fathers believed. I'll post it again if you're too stupid to read it.

Obligatory: :bash :Koolaid: :bash :Koolaid: ... and: rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol

I read it and it is one total moron who wrote one article that was grabbed onto by feeble minded people who didn't know the facts and who hated Christianity. It is totally refuted in this article. Of the 56 men who signe the Declaration of Independence he only talks about 5 and this article clears up most of them. Nice try though.

http://www.sullivan-county.com/news/ffnc/

26 Oct 2010 22:49 #34 by The Viking

navycpo7 wrote:

The Viking wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote:

The Viking wrote:

So sad and so empty.............

You have a right to your beliefs... You do NOT have a right to cram your beliefs down anyone else's throats.

I am not trying to cram at all. I am just hoping that you all will finally see the light before it is too late.

If I remember some of my history, one of the main reason for leaving england was to get away from the Church of England which really had more authority over people than the king himself. Thus seperation of church and state slowly developed in this country. I do not have a problem with that, what i do have a problem with is how some groups out there want to change things to fit thier needs, one example is how in California, they want to take god out of the pledge of alligance. Some groups want God taken off our money things like this. No one forces anyone to say the pledge, you don't like the money don't use it, actually they don't like this country hell another great freedom we have, pack up and leave it. What pchistory stated is exactly it. We all have the right to chose religion or not, to chose who each ones god is. That is what makes us free. Among other things.

I totally agree with you. Including the part how separation of church and state slowly developed in this country and thus was not the original intent in my opinion. Glad LJ agrees with it too.

26 Oct 2010 22:52 #35 by The Viking
And this is going to far when the president of our Country purposely omits the word Creator from when he quote the Declaration of Independence. It was no mistake. He did it twice now! If thats how they wanted it read, they would have written it that way. He is so damn arrogant that he thinks he knows better than those who wrote it did.

http://www.exposeobama.com/2010/10/20/o ... nce-again/

26 Oct 2010 22:54 #36 by LadyJazzer

The Viking wrote: I read it and it is one total moron who wrote one article that was grabbed onto by feeble minded people who didn't know the facts and who hated Christianity. It is totally refuted in this article. Of the 56 men who signe the Declaration of Independence he only talks about 5 and this article clears up most of them. Nice try though.

I don't have to "try"...It was sourced from top to bottom with direct quotes from the founding fathers' own writings....

Nice try on your part though...

Obligatory: :bash :Koolaid: :bash :Koolaid: ... and: rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol

26 Oct 2010 22:56 #37 by LadyJazzer

The Viking wrote: Glad LJ agrees with it too.

Yep.. I believe we should have the right to chose religion or not... I choose 'not'...

26 Oct 2010 22:59 #38 by The Viking

LadyJazzer wrote:

The Viking wrote: I read it and it is one total moron who wrote one article that was grabbed onto by feeble minded people who didn't know the facts and who hated Christianity. It is totally refuted in this article. Of the 56 men who signe the Declaration of Independence he only talks about 5 and this article clears up most of them. Nice try though.

I don't have to "try"...It was sourced from top to bottom with direct quotes from the founding fathers' own writings....

Nice try on your part though...

I knew you would read the link I put on there. You so hate the truth. He posted how those words were taken out of context and he refuted that article. It shows 'ALL' of the quotes, not just the parts he wanted to put in there to prove his side of the story. And like I said what about the other 49 founding fathers? The case still stands that they were Christians and the link I posted shows those 7 were too. He only tries to prove 7 out of 56 weren't and he was even wrong on those and from that he writes an article stating that Our Founding Fathers Weren't Christians? 7 out of 56. Really? You libs have the funniest math!

Game..........Set...............Match!

26 Oct 2010 23:02 #39 by LadyJazzer
I'm sure you think so...

Kind of hard to explain away (refudiate):

The Treaty of Tripoli, passed by the U.S. Senate in 1797, read in part: "The government of the United States is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion." The treaty was written during the Washington administration, and sent to the Senate during the Adams administration. It was read aloud to the Senate, and each Senator received a printed copy. This was the 339th time that a recorded vote was required by the Senate, but only the third time a vote was unanimous (the next time was to honor George Washington). There is no record of any debate or dissension on the treaty. It was reprinted in full in three newspapers - two in Philadelphia, one in New York City. There is no record of public outcry or complaint in subsequent editions of the papers.

Y'all have a nice day, y'hear...

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds