Ken Buck doesn't believe in separation of church and state

26 Oct 2010 18:00 #1 by Photo-fish
Oh my dog! He's a looney toon too!!!
[youtube:yzng8tu8]
[/youtube:yzng8tu8]

And last week I heard from a friend of my neighbors 2nd cousin that he kicked a dog once just to see how far it would go.

Shame on you Ken Buck!!!

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Oct 2010 19:08 #2 by Scruffy
Wow! So he's okay with Sharia law being imposed in America?

26 Oct 2010 19:21 #3 by The Viking
I don't believe in it either. BECAUSE NOWHERE IN THE FIRST AMMENDMENT DOES IT SAY THOSE WORDS!!! It is made up by Christian hating liberals!

26 Oct 2010 19:27 #4 by Something the Dog Said

The Viking wrote: I don't believe in it either. BECAUSE NOWHERE IN THE FIRST AMMENDMENT DOES IT SAY THOSE WORDS!!! It is made up by Christian hating liberals!

Thomas Jefferson was a "Christian hating liberal"? Who knew! Wow, I learn something everytime I read posts here.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

Thomas Jefferson in his letter to the Danbury Baptists, 1/1/1802

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

26 Oct 2010 19:51 #5 by Scruffy
Just for you, Viking: the "separation between Church and State" may one day be the only thing that keeps Sharia Law from being imposed on this nation.

26 Oct 2010 20:12 #6 by The Viking

Something the Dog Said wrote:

The Viking wrote: I don't believe in it either. BECAUSE NOWHERE IN THE FIRST AMMENDMENT DOES IT SAY THOSE WORDS!!! It is made up by Christian hating liberals!

Thomas Jefferson was a "Christian hating liberal"? Who knew! Wow, I learn something everytime I read posts here.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

It is something he said but did not believe in it enough to force it upon us in the Constitution!!! So you are saying that we can take anything any President says and force others to live by it even if they don't put it in our laws or the Constitution? Really? There was never a law written that used the words Separation of Church and State and there was never a vote on it to make that a law so why do you people live by a random sentence said by one President hundreds of years ago? I will bet that at one point a President said that Liberals shouldn't be allowed to vote, so can we force that upon America too? Hell you guys just follow any line you want and try and force it upon America. THAT IS NOT THE WAY IT WORKS!!! There is no law or amendment that says there should be a serparation of Church and State. In fact if you read the words it says the opposite of what you guys are trying to force upon us! It says you can make no law regarding religion! And you liberals just keep making up laws and rules to stifle and silence religion.

26 Oct 2010 20:16 #7 by Residenttroll returns

Please put the quote into context. In order to place this quote into context, one must understand what was requested in the letter Jefferson received from the Danbury Baptists. Unless you are willing to review the letter chain and put this paragraph into context... STFU revisitionist history buffoon.

I am still waiting for explanation why many of the colonies ratified in their state Constitutions an official Christian denomination, in other words, an official religion of the state. Certainly if the founding fathers had issue with states declaring official state recognized religion the liberals would reveal those arguments made.

Separation of Church and State is a made up concept - sort of like climate change - that libtards repeat the lie often enough that it becomes fact.

26 Oct 2010 20:21 #8 by The Viking

residenttroll wrote:

Please put the quote into context. In order to place this quote into context, one must understand what was requested in the letter Jefferson received from the Danbury Baptists. Unless you are willing to review the letter chain and put this paragraph into context... STFU revisitionist history buffoon.

I am still waiting for explanation why many of the colonies ratified in their state Constitutions an official Christian denomination, in other words, an official religion of the state. Certainly if the founding fathers had issue with states declaring official state recognized religion the liberals would reveal those arguments made.

Separation of Church and State is a made up concept - sort of like climate change - that libtards repeat the lie often enough that it becomes fact.

It will never become fact for those of us who are educated.

26 Oct 2010 20:23 #9 by Residenttroll returns

The Viking wrote:

residenttroll wrote:

It will never become fact for those of us who are educated.

VL, don't fool yourself....libtards are educated. They have degree after degree that reveals their "intelligence." They have Doctor, Master, and Bachelor degrees. Most in areas that a single private employer would ever desire or require, so they get their libtard buddies in education and government to hire them.

26 Oct 2010 21:11 #10 by Something the Dog Said

The Viking wrote:

It is something he said but did not believe in it enough to force it upon us in the Constitution!!! So you are saying that we can take anything any President says and force others to live by it even if they don't put it in our laws or the Constitution? Really? There was never a law written that used the words Separation of Church and State and there was never a vote on it to make that a law so why do you people live by a random sentence said by one President hundreds of years ago? I will bet that at one point a President said that Liberals shouldn't be allowed to vote, so can we force that upon America too? Hell you guys just follow any line you want and try and force it upon America. THAT IS NOT THE WAY IT WORKS!!! There is no law or amendment that says there should be a serparation of Church and State. In fact if you read the words it says the opposite of what you guys are trying to force upon us! It says you can make no law regarding religion! And you liberals just keep making up laws and rules to stifle and silence religion.

Since TJ was one of the principal authors of the Constitution and the 1st Amendment, I trust his interpretation of it. I believe his interpretation as the author of it, much more than I believe Buck, O'Donnell or the right winger extremists here. If you actually read his words, it is clear that the 1st Amendment builds a wall between church and state.

The first amendment not only guarantees no interference of the government with religion but also of religion with government. It clearly states "no law respecting an establishment of religion". It does not say a religion, but religion. There is no room for religion in government, period. The right of individuals to practice freely their religion is guaranteed, but establishing religion in government is expressly prohibited.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds