Do your part, shop Made in America

29 Oct 2010 22:47 #1 by DaffyDick
When you shop this Christmas, if you can afford to shop, check the labels of the products you wish to buy and only buy those with a label that says, “MADE IN AMERICA.”

For years, the products sold in the US have required a label on each product sold, as to where the product was manufactured, produced, or grown.

Check the label before you buy. If it says, Made in China, Product of Honduras, Made in Taiwan, or Product of Mexico, etc, don’t buy it.

This means whether you are shopping for Christmas toys, food, clothing, or anything, check the label. Again, check the label.

Bring jobs back to America by always buying products with a label of “MADE IN AMERICA”

If you want to restore our economy, buy MADE IN AMERICA products. Sixty percent of the American economy is driven by consumer spending. If you buy foreign made products, you are sending your money overseas. If you buy MADE IN AMERICA products, you’re spending helps America and will help restore jobs for Americans.

Do your part, always buy MADE IN AMERICA.

Only then will our economy be restored.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Oct 2010 23:09 #2 by major bean
The labels are most probably made in China.

Maglite has made quite an effort to manufacture its line of flashlights in the USA. Still they cannot label them as Made in the U.S. because one spring is imported.

It is quite a difficult task to find any product which is made in the USA. If you go to the neighborhood bakery and watch them make the bread in front of your eyes, they cannot claim that it is made in the USA because many of its ingredients are imported.

Regards,
Major Bean

30 Oct 2010 06:29 #3 by outdoor338
Daffy, I look at all labels, sometimes it hard to get products you need made in America, I agree with you, good post!

30 Oct 2010 08:40 #4 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
What exactly is it that is made in America anymore??? (Insert sound of crickets)

30 Oct 2010 09:18 #5 by Jonathan Hemlock
One key element which stimulates the disparity in worldwide production is America's view on trade agreements. Americans make too damn much money and the Chinese worker is willing to make little. Obama loves the idea of sending our money overseas. It spreads the wealth around.

30 Oct 2010 09:26 #6 by jf1acai
Last time I looked at a map, Mexico was in America.

Therefore, my Carhartts, made in Mexico, ARE Made in America.

I'm not sure if there is any clothing made in the USA anymore.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

30 Oct 2010 09:33 #7 by mountaindollar
Bought a saute pan at Costco has a big huge made in America sticker on it but then in tiny print you see "With imported accessories"

30 Oct 2010 09:39 #8 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
microbrews and bourbon :thumbsup:

Maybe we can start exporting our rabid libs to the muslim world. See who converts who rofllol

30 Oct 2010 10:04 #9 by mountaindollar
Last year when we went to our first Wholesale Tradeshow we sat in on a "Made in America" conference and it was very interesting. While the product may of been made in America the products used to make it could of been imported. For instance the cotton shirt you bought that was made in America could be produced with imported cotton.

Manufactures are not required to tell you where they get the we'll call them ingredients to make that particular product.

There were a couple of "Made in America" booths at the show and what we noticed is if it was 100% America the manufactures are very proud and print it on the label. In these booths I would say that only about 1/4 of the products were 100%.

Like with my saute pan that has imported accessories maybe the screws that hold the handle on are imported. Another thing that we learned is that the Made in America is only for the actual product not it's packaging so your dish soap might be made in America but the bottle that it is in could of come from China.

We all need to do our part and when it makes sense purchase Made in America products as it supports jobs here but keep in mind that most likey you are supporting other countries even when buying these products.

Another area that we were enlightened on in the seminar is how many food products are made with imported ingredients.

30 Oct 2010 10:18 #10 by Residenttroll returns
Wendy's Burgers made in Conifer are Made in America, by illegal Mexicans.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds