ObamaCare: Dr's Will be Fined or Jailed if they Put Patient.

30 Oct 2010 12:29 #31 by LadyJazzer
I just love right-wing delusions... Could sit and watch 'em for hours...

I should introduce you to ThunderSparks... rofllol (Oh, wait, maybe it IS ThunderSparks... He loves to create so many phony ID's to hide behind while throwing his little insult-bombs...)

Oh, and good luck with that write-in election.. Let me know how that works out for ya... rofllol :lol: rofllol :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Oct 2010 12:34 #32 by Blazer Bob

Pineguy wrote: Why We Need Comparative Effectiveness Research

In 2008, over $50 billion was spent on new pharmaceutical research and development with the goal of creating the next superstar drug. With that type of investment comes incentives to make sure there is some market return on new discoveries. Proving the efficacy of the new drug (demonstrating its worth versus a placebo, for example) is key to passing the FDA trials on the way to approval.

However, comparing the new drug to any and all other similar drugs or therapies that treat the same condition is not part of the current process. This type of side-by-side analysis, known as comparative effectiveness research (CER), will receive a $1.1 billion shot in the arm from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act stimulus bill. Now, a new study reveals the sad current state of medication research, showing how much this new funding is needed.

Defined as the comparison of "the benefits and harms of different interventions and strategies to prevent, diagnose, treat and monitor health conditions," CER has the potential to finally deliver the elusive goal of evidence-based medicine. Patients facing a new diagnosis may often have multiple options for treatment including medications, therapies and/or surgery. They rely on the advice of their physicians, sometimes checking that against second opinions. Physicians face an exponential growth in medical information and need tools to stay current not only on new treatments but how they compare with existing treatments.

http://health.change.org/blog/view/why_ ... s_research

OT Hey Pineguy, that is way more than 5 sentences, if I weren't a libertarian, I would report you to the copyright police.

In my opinion, whoever crafted that part of the TOS is a moron.

30 Oct 2010 12:36 #33 by LadyJazzer
Oh... The parade of Village Idiots:

[youtube:v4vaxf6f]
[/youtube:v4vaxf6f]

Morons...

30 Oct 2010 15:00 #34 by Residenttroll returns
I heard that Looney Jerk showed up to the "Restore Sanity" rally today and they asked her not attend. They noted, there was no hope in restoring her sanity.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds