McDonald's Workers Told: Only Get Raises If Republicans win

30 Oct 2010 10:04 #1 by LadyJazzer
Wow... Nmsys is right! It is fun just to comb the website and copy-and-paste outrage-of-the-day stories!! (And there are so many to choose from!)

Voter Intimidation At McDonald's: Employees Told That, Unless Republicans Win, They Won't Get Raises Or Benefits

WASHINGTON -- There may be something rotten at McDonald's -- and it's not a year-old Happy Meal.

The owner of a franchise in Canton, Ohio enclosed a handbill in employees' paychecks that threatened lower wages and benefits if Republicans don't win on Tuesday.

"As the election season is here we wanted you to know which candidates will help our business grow in the future," reads the letter. "As you know, the better our business does it enables us to invest in our people and our restaurants. If the right people are elected we will be able to continue with raises and benefits at or above our present levels. If others are elected, we will not. As always, who you vote for is completely your personal decision and many factors go into your decision."

The note ends with a list of candidates McDonald's believes "will help our business move forward." It names Republicans John Kasich for governor, Rob Portman for Senate, and Jim Renacci for Congress. With the letter was a biography of Renacci.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/2 ... 76187.html

:bash :Koolaid: :bash :Koolaid: ... and: rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol

THE STORIES ARE ALL OUTRAGES!!! ... AND THEY'RE ALL TRUE!!![/quote]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Oct 2010 10:15 #2 by Residenttroll returns
I think the McDonald's owner got it right - and certainly has the right to convey that message. Congratulations McDonalds. I am sure SEIU AFLCIO was telling their employees the same thing two years ago....

How many of the government agencies you suck money out of tell their employees if X president or Y party gets elected, it's might jeopardize funding?

30 Oct 2010 12:48 #3 by Grady

residenttroll wrote: I think the McDonald's owner got it right - and certainly has the right to convey that message. Congratulations McDonalds. I am sure SEIU AFLCIO was telling their employees the same thing two years ago....

How many of the government agencies you suck money out of tell their employees if X president or Y party gets elected, it's might jeopardize funding?

The teacher's union is doing it right now right here in Colorado.

30 Oct 2010 12:50 #4 by LadyJazzer
There's a difference between advocacy and voter-intimidation... Of course, I'm sure that's a difference that's too subtle for the paleo-cons.

30 Oct 2010 12:51 #5 by Grady

LadyJazzer wrote: Wow... Nmsys is right! It is fun just to comb the website and copy-and-paste outrage-of-the-day stories!! (And there are so many to choose from!)

Voter Intimidation At McDonald's: Employees Told That, Unless Republicans Win, They Won't Get Raises Or Benefits

WASHINGTON -- There may be something rotten at McDonald's -- and it's not a year-old Happy Meal.

The owner of a franchise in Canton, Ohio enclosed a handbill in employees' paychecks that threatened lower wages and benefits if Republicans don't win on Tuesday.

"As the election season is here we wanted you to know which candidates will help our business grow in the future," reads the letter. "As you know, the better our business does it enables us to invest in our people and our restaurants. If the right people are elected we will be able to continue with raises and benefits at or above our present levels. If others are elected, we will not. As always, who you vote for is completely your personal decision and many factors go into your decision."

The note ends with a list of candidates McDonald's believes "will help our business move forward." It names Republicans John Kasich for governor, Rob Portman for Senate, and Jim Renacci for Congress. With the letter was a biography of Renacci.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/2 ... 76187.html

:bash :Koolaid: :bash :Koolaid: ... and: rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol

THE STORIES ARE ALL OUTRAGES!!! ... AND THEY'RE ALL TRUE!!!

[/quote]

Wouldn't the proper term be voter education???????

30 Oct 2010 12:52 #6 by LadyJazzer

Grady wrote: Wouldn't the proper term be voter education???????

Not when you threaten your employee's paychecks... But thanks for playing.

30 Oct 2010 13:25 #7 by Grady
Threaten paychecks or offer a lesson in basic economics? I thought he was laying it out pretty clearly for his employees, “if taxes and fees are not raised and business is doing well I will be able to share the wealth by increasing your salaries.” “Here is how we can help that to happen”.
You’d be OK with a union steward saying the opposite?

30 Oct 2010 13:40 #8 by major bean
McDonald's has every right to put its message before its employees and how it would benefit them.

Regards,
Major Bean

30 Oct 2010 13:45 #9 by LadyJazzer

Grady wrote: Threaten paychecks or offer a lesson in basic economics? I thought he was laying it out pretty clearly for his employees, “if taxes and fees are not raised and business is doing well I will be able to share the wealth by increasing your salaries.” “Here is how we can help that to happen”.
You’d be OK with a union steward saying the opposite?

I'd be OK with a union steward saying that they are free in this country to vote for whomever they wish, and their employer has no right to suggest otherwise, or even know how they voted.

30 Oct 2010 14:56 #10 by Residenttroll returns

LadyJazzer wrote: There's a difference between advocacy and voter-intimidation... Of course, I'm sure that's a difference that's too subtle for the paleo-cons.

Yea, advocacy is what the left does. Voter intimidation is what left calls the right's advocacy.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds