MSNBC Suspends Keith Olbermann

05 Nov 2010 13:36 #1 by Nmysys
MSNBC Suspends Keith Olbermann Indefinitely for Contributing to Democratic Campaigns

Published November 05, 2010

| FoxNews.com

MSNBC announced Friday that it has suspended prime-time host Keith Olbermann indefinitely and without pay for making political contributions to the campaigns of three Democratic candidates.

In a statement provided to FoxNews.com, Phil Griffin, president of the network, said he “became aware of Keith’s political contributions late last night. Mindful of NBC News policy and standards, I have suspended him indefinitely without pay.”

Olbermann, who is the host of “Countdown,” is the network’s highest rated personality.

According to a report from Politico.com, the contributions were made this fall, including one that came just hours after he appeared on Olbermann’s program.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/11/05/msnbc-suspends-keith-olbermann-indefinitely-contributing-democratic-campaigns/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Nov 2010 13:41 #2 by FredHayek
IMO, this is as bad as NPR firing Juan Williams. Olberman should be able to donate to whoever he wants to. (He should say publicly who he is supporting too.)

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 Nov 2010 13:43 - 05 Nov 2010 13:54 #3 by Residenttroll returns
Keith Olbermann must have breached his contract with NBC. ( I wonder how many people he has raked over the coals on-air about breaching a contract?)

I don't believe a company should have the ability to suspend an employee for their political donations. I would not sign an employee contract that prohibits my right to donate.

Keith was stupid. Why didn't he start a foundation. He could have named it, "Worst Person of the Day Foundation." He could have donated to Democrats without contractual breach - and the name would have fit the donor recipient.

Didn't I mention something in an earlier thread about the progressive libtards driving themselves over cliffs and losing cable channels?

I like Keith's show, especially when I need to laugh.

05 Nov 2010 13:52 #4 by Scruffy
He broke the rules that he agreed to when he signed his contract. Time to pay the piper.

05 Nov 2010 13:57 #5 by FredHayek
Comcast is buying this network, I wonder if this is a shot across the bow showing a move back towards the center.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 Nov 2010 14:00 - 05 Nov 2010 14:06 #6 by Residenttroll returns
Keith makes $ 7.5 million per year or $ 625K per month, or $ 31,248 per day, $ 3,906 per hour (assuming eight hours a day).

If Keith was a CEO of a public Colorado company, he would be 11th in earning rankings. (as complied by [url=http://www.aflcio.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.aflcio.org[/url]). He would be 40th in California. In the great union state of Michigan, he would rank #14th. In another strong union state Ohio, he would rank 21st.

Those Progressive mouth pieces have it tough. They are out earning most of the CEOs they criticize as being overpaid.

05 Nov 2010 14:03 #7 by Nmysys
See Scruffy, you are being reasonable like the vicious nasty closet conservative that you really are!! A real Liberal would be ranting and raging at the unfairness of this as the hypocrites that they are.

05 Nov 2010 14:05 #8 by Scruffy

Nmysys wrote: See Scruffy, you are being reasonable like the vicious nasty closet conservative that you really are!! A real Liberal would be ranting and raging at the unfairness of this as the hypocrites that they are.

Stop insulting me! :bash :bash :bash :angry: :angry: :angry: :WWE: :WWE: :WWE:

Olbermann signed a contract which he then violated. Case closed.

05 Nov 2010 14:07 #9 by archer

Nmysys wrote: See Scruffy, you are being reasonable like the vicious nasty closet conservative that you really are!! A real Liberal would be ranting and raging at the unfairness of this as the hypocrites that they are.

wrong again nmysys....most liberals will stand up for what is right....of keith signed a contract that states he cannot mess in politics then bye bye. Personally I never liked the guy so I won't miss him, then again I don't watch msnbc either.....so let them do as they wish.

05 Nov 2010 14:13 #10 by Scruffy

archer wrote:

wrong again nmysys....most liberals will stand up for what is right....of keith signed a contract that states he cannot mess in politics then bye bye. Personally I never liked the guy so I won't miss him, then again I don't watch msnbc either.....so let them do as they wish.

When I first saw his program, it was like a breath of fresh air. He was criticizing the Bush administration when so many others were cowering in fear of Rove & Co. But Keith got old with all his fake outrage and "YOU, SIR" stuff.

Maybe FOX will offer him a $2 million contract to be a commentator.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds