A sign of things to come?

07 Nov 2010 14:32 #11 by outdoor338
an attack on you pine? Now that's funny, for someone that has been getting spanked on 285 you should know that first hand...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Nov 2010 14:35 #12 by Residenttroll returns

Pineguy wrote: Yeah, posting a web article really is trollish. But thanks for the ad hominem attack.

:biggrin:

07 Nov 2010 16:01 #13 by navycpo7
Replied by navycpo7 on topic A sign of things to come?

Pineguy wrote: There was a Republican sweep in Texas and look at what they want to do already...

Texas Considers Medicaid Withdrawal

Some Republican lawmakers — still reveling in Tuesday’s statewide election sweep — are proposing an unprecedented solution to the state’s estimated $25 billion budget shortfall: dropping out of the federal Medicaid program.

Far-right conservatives are offering that possibility in impassioned news conferences. Moderate Republicans are studying it behind closed doors.

http://southtexas.tenthamendmentcenter. ... ithdrawal/

The question is, will other Republican-controlled states follow suit and will they stop at Medicare or cut more programs, like social security?

medicaid and medicare are two different programs. If they want to opt out of medicaid, it is their choice as it would be to opt out of medicare. For medicare though the seniors would have alot to say about that.

07 Nov 2010 17:05 #14 by outdoor338
:yeahthat: :thumbsup:

09 Nov 2010 05:37 #15 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic A sign of things to come?

Pineguy wrote: Yeah, posting a web article really is trollish. But thanks for the ad hominem attack.

Not exactly trolling, but you got your facts wrong PG, something you and others are quick to point out in others posts. You implied that Medicaid is Medicare, and Social security is next. "The repubs want to take away Grandmas SS and medicine"

Texas is talking about state run, "state and fed" funded Medicaid for the poor. The states have no say about Federal run Medicare and SS. Not trolling, just an inaccurate extrapolation of the facts.

Pineguy wrote: The question is, will other Republican-controlled states follow suit and will they stop at Medicare or cut more programs, like social security?

Another clarification is they are not talking about ending medical care for the poor, they are talking about the states running it and funding it themselves.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

09 Nov 2010 09:01 #16 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic A sign of things to come?
Joe:

Stop confusing the Libs with facts!!! They don't know what to do except attack. Facts are nothing but inconveniences to them.

Thanks for the clarification though.

09 Nov 2010 11:24 #17 by Wayne Harrison
Sorry, Joe. I thought Medicaid was medicine (prescriptions) and Medicare was medical, health stuff.

My apologies.

With the "cut federal programs" push of the Tea Party, this seems to be the first shot across the bow. I'm just asking if other programs will follow.

09 Nov 2010 11:34 #18 by Nobody that matters

Pineguy wrote: I'm just asking if other programs will follow.

We can only hope... :biggrin:

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

09 Nov 2010 14:06 #19 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic A sign of things to come?

Nobody that matters wrote:

Pineguy wrote: I'm just asking if other programs will follow.

We can only hope... :biggrin:

I can think of a couple.

09 Nov 2010 15:32 #20 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic A sign of things to come?
Pineguy:

Are you condemning the Tea Party or praising us? Just saying!!!

Oooops, made a mistake about Medicaid. Nice to know you are at least mortal. I was beginning to think you knew everything. :woo hoo:

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds