A sign of things to come?

09 Nov 2010 18:06 - 09 Nov 2010 18:34 #21 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic A sign of things to come?

Pineguy wrote: Sorry, Joe. I thought Medicaid was medicine (prescriptions) and Medicare was medical, health stuff.

My apologies.

With the "cut federal programs" push of the Tea Party, this seems to be the first shot across the bow. I'm just asking if other programs will follow.

PG I respect most of your posts and opinions and apology accepted. I make errors too. (every once in a blue moon...) :)

I think it would be interesting to let states have a go at running some things, why do the feds have to run everything? I know, they have an unlimited line of credit$$$$. :)

California has "MediCal" for the poor. Mass has universal HC. Texas wants out of Medicaid and want to run it themselves. Lets see who has the best ideas that work.

I personally like the idea of more gov't funded "community health clinics" for poor people. Sliding scale payments as you can afford it. Let doctors volunteer one day a month with some tax incentives. Charity fund raisers for extra funds. 9News health fair..... etc. Medicaid (poor) as it exists today is a second class system, try to find a doc or non-public Hospital who will take it.

One thing for certain is staying the course is a disaster and so is Obamacare. New thinking is required. And cutting programs that are ineffective is mandatory.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Nov 2010 18:30 #22 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic A sign of things to come?

Nmysys wrote: Joe:

Stop confusing the Libs with facts!!! They don't know what to do except attack. Facts are nothing but inconveniences to them.

Thanks for the clarification though.

Just keeping them honest! :)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

09 Nov 2010 19:33 #23 by Martin Ent Inc
I thought Texas was going to be it's own country?

They are pretty much all assholes anyway so what's the worry.

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds