AP-GfK Poll: Public backs GOP on taxes, not health

12 Nov 2010 09:33 #11 by Pony Soldier
Adult discussion - good one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Nov 2010 10:03 #12 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Pineguy wrote: Yep. I guess I'm going to add more people to it. I was trying to give them a chance to have actually have an adult discussion but they seem to be stuck in junior high. Oh well. Can't say I didn't try.

I'm getting less and less out of this forum. I think I'll give trying to have a meaningful discussion with these guys a rest.

Thanks for the suggestion, Scruffy.

Free "thinking" people don't need to engage libs in discussion for much the same reason that a normal person wouldn't try to pick up mercury with toothpicks.

12 Nov 2010 10:21 #13 by LOL
PG, your original post was more of a drive-by pasted article without any comment to start the discussion.

I believe the majority of polls during and right after the healthcare bill were more than 50% against the bill. I wouldn't be surprised if that number is falling now that time has passed and not much has changed yet. (Except premiums continue to rise).

Today I got a flu shot and paid cash. They wanted to know if I had insurance. For a flu shot? I said no, and I don't have insurance for an oil change either, costs about the same.

This was the most telling part of the article.....IMO

...poll suggesting that the Republicans' big Election Day win was not a mandate for the party's legislative wish list....

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

12 Nov 2010 10:35 #14 by ScienceChic

Teddy wrote: Why try and cloak yourself? Just post directly fro Dailykos and Move on.org. You not fooling anyone into believing you are an objective observer.

He never said he was an objective observer here on 285Bound - this is not his day job and the two are separate, just like not everything I post is all scientific.

What do you think of the poll is what the man's asking - if more people don't want to repeal the healthcare plan that was passed, but amend parts of it, that busts your delusions all up and it's hard to swallow. Reality sucks sometimes, huh?

I've seen other polls that have the numbers differently, not as dramatic, but still not an absolute demand for repeal. I think that people recognize that the system we had was irretrievably broken, something needed to be done, maybe the healthcare bill that was passed is going to solve all the problems, but somebody had to start something.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

12 Nov 2010 10:47 #15 by Wayne Harrison

Joe wrote: PG, your original post was more of a drive-by pasted article without any comment to start the discussion.

Joe, I thought the results were interesting, but I didn't want to influence the start of the discussion by giving my two cents. I thought the poll results would be enough to spark an intelligent discussion. Of course, I'd like to see other data that backs up the results. One poll is not a true indication.

I believe the Republicans are making the same mistake now the Democrats did in 2008: misinterpreting election results as a mandate to do what they want. What I've continually said on here is that both sides need to work together for the good of the country. That's what I like about Rand Paul's approach. I may not agree with everything he stands for, but I think he has the right idea about finding common ground and working together.

12 Nov 2010 10:52 #16 by Wayne Harrison

Teddy wrote: Free "thinking" people don't need to engage libs in discussion for much the same reason that a normal person wouldn't try to pick up mercury with toothpicks.

Attempting to engage you in an adult discussion is much like trying to engage a junior high bully in adult discussion. It's beyond your level of experience. So enjoy yourself in the gutter, with your homophobic fears and fat chick photos. It's the level of discourse you're comfortable with.

I tried, I really did. But you're back on my ignore list.

12 Nov 2010 10:52 #17 by LOL
OK PG. Good points. The election was a landslide but the power is more or less 50-50 now.

I think the problem alot of Repubs have is that the Dems were not too willing to work together the last 2 years, and now all of a sudden they are. Hmmm.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

12 Nov 2010 10:56 #18 by Wayne Harrison
As I said, I think the Democrats made a mistake in their approach after their landslide. Ramrodding the Health Reform Bill was a big one. I think Nancy Pelosi was a terrible Speaker of the House. I look forward to seeing on Boehner handles the duties.

12 Nov 2010 10:59 #19 by Scruffy

Joe wrote: OK PG. Good points. The election was a landslide but the power is more or less 50-50 now.

I think the problem alot of Repubs have is that the Dems were not too willing to work together the last 2 years, and now all of a sudden they are. Hmmm.

Obama and the Dems bent over backwards to compromise with the Republicans. I'm sure from the right side, it looks to you that there was no attempt to reach across the aisle, but take, for example, the health care bill - it is incredibly watered down due to the compromises that the Democratic leadership made to secure conservative votes. Do you remember that?

12 Nov 2010 11:03 #20 by Residenttroll returns
Pineguy, was it not you who stated that polls were not accurate relative to the results of election?

I am tried of the leftist media trying to convince the public with polls. Especially polls that slant to their biased. I would like to see the questions used, the prefacing sentences to those questions, and the demographics called.

There are a few aspects of Obamacare that are good for all Americans...but there are many aspects of the Obamacare that are downright horrific for America as a whole. Obamacare, in it's current form, is bad for America - but good for a few Americans.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds