AP-GfK Poll: Public backs GOP on taxes, not health

12 Nov 2010 11:21 #21 by Nobody that matters

Scruffy wrote: Obama and the Dems bent over backwards to compromise with the Republicans. I'm sure from the right side, it looks to you that there was no attempt to reach across the aisle, but take, for example, the health care bill - it is incredibly watered down due to the compromises that the Democratic leadership made to secure conservative votes. Do you remember that?

I don't remember that at all. I remember the dems completely ignoring the republican's calls to address each issue within healthcare in separate, better written and more easily understood legislation. I remember the dems cramming it all into one massive clusterf@#$ of a bill and then stuffing it full of pork to get it passed.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Nov 2010 11:26 #22 by Nobody that matters
I'd like to see a new poll that asks people if they give accurate answers when polled, or if they lie to mess with the accuracy because they're sick of how much weight has been placed in poll results.

12 Nov 2010 11:26 #23 by Scruffy

Nobody that matters wrote:

Scruffy wrote: Obama and the Dems bent over backwards to compromise with the Republicans. I'm sure from the right side, it looks to you that there was no attempt to reach across the aisle, but take, for example, the health care bill - it is incredibly watered down due to the compromises that the Democratic leadership made to secure conservative votes. Do you remember that?

I don't remember that at all. I remember the dems completely ignoring the republican's calls to address each issue within healthcare in separate, better written and more easily understood legislation. I remember the dems cramming it all into one massive clusterf@#$ of a bill and then stuffing it full of pork to get it passed.

Then we have different memories of the same event.

12 Nov 2010 11:27 #24 by Scruffy

Nobody that matters wrote: I'd like to see a new poll that asks people if they give accurate answers when polled, or if they lie to mess with the accuracy because they're sick of how much weight has been placed in poll results.

How would you tell if they lied on that poll?

12 Nov 2010 11:33 #25 by Nobody that matters

Scruffy wrote:

Nobody that matters wrote: I'd like to see a new poll that asks people if they give accurate answers when polled, or if they lie to mess with the accuracy because they're sick of how much weight has been placed in poll results.

It's a viscious cycle, ain't it?

If I answered that poll, I'd do what I usually do - lie my ass off. In polls, I'm an extreme left wing liberal that has the Obama 'O' tattooed on my right cheek. I'd say "Yes, I always answer accurately".

12 Nov 2010 11:36 #26 by LOL
I always hang up on pollsters. One time I got a survey in the mail with 5 bucks cash! I threw it away and kept the 5 bucks! :)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

12 Nov 2010 11:37 #27 by Scruffy

Nobody that matters wrote:

Scruffy wrote:

It's a viscious cycle, ain't it?

If I answered that poll, I'd do what I usually do - lie my ass off. In polls, I'm an extreme left wing liberal that has the Obama 'O' tattooed on my right cheek. I'd say "Yes, I always answer accurately".

Being the commie pinko librul that I've been painted (in this forum), I would tell the truth. I have no ulterior motives or paranoid alternative agendas that, it seems, so many conservatives have.

Not that I'm calling you paranoid or anything.

12 Nov 2010 11:38 #28 by Scruffy

Joe wrote: I always hang up on pollsters. One time I got a survey in the mail with 5 bucks cash! I threw it away and kept the 5 bucks! :)

Interesting. I got one of those as well and decided to answer the survey. Two sides of the political spectrum. Hmmm.

12 Nov 2010 11:56 #29 by Nobody that matters

Scruffy wrote: Being the commie pinko librul that I've been painted (in this forum), I would tell the truth. I have no ulterior motives or paranoid alternative agendas that, it seems, so many conservatives have.

Not that I'm calling you paranoid or anything.

Nothing paranoid about what I do, I just want the pollsters to go away and leave me alone. I figure as the polls become more and more innacurate (which is the current trend) the less and less they'll bother me.

My standard response to political phone calls is to say "well, I was gonna vote for your guy, until you interrupted my dinner. Now I'm gonna vote the other way. You blew it."

12 Nov 2010 13:00 #30 by Nmysys
I believe I am the one who painted you with that brush and you have proven time and time again that the paint was right for the portrait.

I believe that a number of times back in the beginning Pineguy under his previous alias, real name, stated that I should give me opinions of what I was posting, but here he states that he didn't want to do that. All he wanted to do was give some Inaccurate Leftist Progressive Marxist spin to something that was proven just 10 days ago by a landslide election. He picks a poll that shows what he wants to shove down our throats.

Wasn't even worth a " nice try", but of course that pretty lady SC backed him up, Liberal that she is, but still pretty and extremely nice person.

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds