Conservatives call Medal of Honor winner a wussy

18 Nov 2010 12:49 #1 by Something the Dog Said
Bryan Fischer, the "Director of Issues Analysis" for the conservative Christian group the American Family Association, was unhappy yesterday that President Obama awarded the Medal of Honor to a soldier for saving lives. This, Fischer wrote on his blog, shows that the Medal of Honor has been "feminized" because "we now award it only for preventing casualties, not for inflicting them."

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.c ... nor_by.php

The Medal of Honor was awarded to a soldier who risked his life under heavy enemy fire twice to rescue fellow wounded soldiers.

Giunta, the first living Medal of Honor winner of the Afghanistan and Iraq wars, braved heavy gunfire to pull a fellow soldier to cover and rescued another who was being dragged away by insurgents.

So someone who has never risked his fat ass for anything feels the need to denigrate those who risk their lives everyday.

This is the same bozo speaking on behalf of conservatives who advocates the killing of every grizzly bear because they pose a threat to human life.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Nov 2010 13:01 #2 by Scruffy

This, Fischer wrote on his blog, shows that the Medal of Honor has been "feminized" because "we now award it only for preventing casualties, not for inflicting them.

What a wonderfully Christian thing to say. I'm sure that Jesus is proud of Mr. Fischer.

18 Nov 2010 13:11 #3 by The Viking
Pathetic post as usual!! One nut job makes a statement and you make a post saying Conservatives said it? What a crock. I never said it and I am sure 99.9% of the Conservatives I know wouldn't say it so way say Conservatives say it?

OK, let's have fun with this. I think I will start a thread saying Liberals think pedophilia is OK and want to teach it, since a liberal whack job wrote a book about it. Let's clump all Liberals in with him too! Should I start that thread?

18 Nov 2010 13:15 #4 by The Viking

Scruffy wrote:

This, Fischer wrote on his blog, shows that the Medal of Honor has been "feminized" because "we now award it only for preventing casualties, not for inflicting them.

What a wonderfully Christian thing to say. I'm sure that Jesus is proud of Mr. Fischer.

I doubt it and I wouldn't consider him a 'true' Christian.

18 Nov 2010 13:21 #5 by Scruffy

The Viking wrote: Pathetic post as usual!! One nut job makes a statement and you make a post saying Conservatives said it? What a crock. I never said it and I am sure 99.9% of the Conservatives I know wouldn't say it so way say Conservatives say it?

OK, let's have fun with this. I think I will start a thread saying Liberals think pedophilia is OK and want to teach it, since a liberal whack job wrote a book about it. Let's clump all Liberals in with him too! Should I start that thread?

Happens here every day, Vike - not the part where you claim liberals are guilty of pedophilia - but there are threads started that accuse liberals of all sorts of heinous things, like killing a war hero? Remember that one? Oh wait! That was started just today.

And before you get your panties in a bunch, the guy who said it is a conservative and is a Christian. Admittedly, he does not speak for all conservatives and all Christians, but..... Oh, what the hell! This is so fun smearing entire groups based on a single individual!

18 Nov 2010 13:27 #6 by Something the Dog Said

The Viking wrote: Pathetic post as usual!! One nut job makes a statement and you make a post saying Conservatives said it? What a crock. I never said it and I am sure 99.9% of the Conservatives I know wouldn't say it so way say Conservatives say it?

Now you see my point. This post was a satirical take on Teddy's thread about Libs killing a war hero, when clearly they did not. I do note that you failed to protest that particular thread. I have made a point of the use of broad brush attacks that are not even truthful. Except in this case, this particular nutjob is a well known conservative spokesperson who has been personally embraced by staunch Republican and Tea Party stalwarts such as DeMint, Romney and others.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

18 Nov 2010 13:34 #7 by Residenttroll returns
I just called AFA and requested a retraction and demotion of this individual.

18 Nov 2010 21:34 #8 by FredHayek
Anyone else notice the sour puss Obama face had when he put the medal on the hero?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

18 Nov 2010 21:41 #9 by LadyJazzer

SS109 wrote: Anyone else notice the sour puss Obama face had when he put the medal on the hero?

No...But I bet you saw Jesus in your cereal bowl this morning...

18 Nov 2010 21:59 #10 by Wayne Harrison

SS109 wrote: Anyone else notice the sour puss Obama face had when he put the medal on the hero?

I noticed it, but I also noticed there was a problem with clasp and it took him a long time to attach so it wouldn't fall off. I always make a sour face when I'm trying to fix something and am having trouble with it.

Do you think that might be the reason?

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds