Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?

20 Nov 2010 10:21 - 22 Nov 2010 11:42 #1 by The Viking
Just thought I would start a poll and see what people prefer to see in stores over the Christmas Season.

I put an either option but I really want to know which one you PREFER to see in the stores.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Nov 2010 10:51 #2 by Scruffy
Bah Humbug

20 Nov 2010 11:02 #3 by Photo-fish
Happy Holidays seems inclusive to all faiths, even if you don't practice one. Seems like a petty thing for people to get bent out of shape over with all the crap going on in the world.

Just my opinion though.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

20 Nov 2010 11:19 #4 by PondLady
Happy Holidays. It's just a big commercial event anyway. Just like Valentine's Day or my birthday.

20 Nov 2010 11:37 #5 by The Viking

PondLady wrote: Happy Holidays. It's just a big commercial event anyway. Just like Valentine's Day or my birthday.

lol I sure hope I don't miss your birthday!

20 Nov 2010 11:41 #6 by Residenttroll returns
You forgot the Season Greetings selection.

I selected MERRY CHRISTMAS...and HAPPY NEW YEAR....it's very American.

20 Nov 2010 11:45 #7 by Wayne Harrison
If you have Jewish friends, it's Happy Holidays in general but Merry Christmas to those you know are Christian. One out of every four Americans is something other than a Christian.

In England, they say Happy Christmas.

20 Nov 2010 11:51 #8 by The Viking

Pineguy wrote: If you have Jewish friends, it's Happy Holidays in general but Merry Christmas to those you know are Christian. One out of every four Americans is something other than a Christian.

In England, they say Happy Christmas.

Meaning 3 out of every 4 are Christian. And that about fits the national poll. 72% of Americans prefer Merry Christmas as compared to only 22% prefering Happy Holidays. So why is it so wrong to use what the vast majority of Americans prefer? Is it better to offend 22% or 72% of Americans? I know Liberals will say the minority, because they believe that this nation should bow to the minority opinion to appease them.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... y_holidays

20 Nov 2010 11:54 #9 by The Viking
And it is the liberals who more prefer to please the minority and screw the opinion of the Majority of Americans, just Like Obama and the Dems ahve done for the last two years.

Perhaps inevitably as with much of what is polled by Rasmussen Reports, there is a partisan difference on the question. Ninety-one percent (91%) of Republicans and 70% of adults not affiliated with either major political party like store signs that wish them a "Merry Christmas," compared to just 58% of Democrats.

20 Nov 2010 12:05 #10 by outdoor338
Merry Christmas, or happy Christmas, I am fine with both..what other faiths outside Christians, celebrate Christmas? Just wondering...and if they do, why did they pick the 25 of December?

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds