If you're working today you're most likely a loser

27 Nov 2010 01:31 #21 by Local_Historian
I worked today, watching a four year old, because her mom had to work today.

Whoo hoo, I'm a loser for taking care of the kid of a single parent so that the parent can keep the child fed, clothed, housed! I'm proud to be that kind of loser.

I considered working otherwise today, cause I'm behind in my writing, but I sorted patterns and found the one I was looking for to make for a Christmas present instead of writing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Nov 2010 07:43 - 27 Nov 2010 07:57 #22 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic If you're working today you're most likely a loser
Hey guys, listen up-I only have one issue and one issue only. Quality of life of Americans. Call me a socilaist, a leftest, a communist, I'm none of those- I just want to increase OUR slice of the pie to what it used to be before Reagan, before the war on the middle class and when America was #1 in quality of life. We can have a strong economy without most of us working like brain dead drone slaves. You don't have to give up your entire lives just to survive.

http://www.mediaed.org/cgi-bin/commerce ... eview.html

27 Nov 2010 07:55 #23 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic If you're working today you're most likely a loser

CinnamonGirl wrote: You always think I love you, where did this come from?

O...I guess I let a few kind words from you go to my head...What was I thinking?

27 Nov 2010 22:59 #24 by Local_Historian
Choice of words- think on it. Calling people a loser doesnt convey a concern for quality of life.

Here's the deal - lots of people here, in every other state, work a series of part time jobs in order to stay where they wish to live. Not everyone has the same skills, so they do different things.

My bro in law - amazing bartender who lives in Hawaii. To stay there, he works in two different bars and is a liqour company rep. working over 50 hours a week.

Myself - I'm a nanny so that I can also be a freelance writer and professional milliner. I could make more if I decided to go back into teaching, but I'm not able to get behind the politics involved in education currently. I could drive to Denver daily and work in any number of companies, but I choose not to make that drive. I would love more time to write, but it's not always available - ever have a four year old in your ear all day long? Yes, with more time, I could stop the nannying and become a full time writer for good pay. But for now, this is where I'm at.

These stories - not unique, and that IS about quality of life. My bro in law could be rich if he came back to the mainland; he's had some damn good offers. Yet Hawaii is in his heart and dreams. We could have stayed in Iowa and stayed in the corporate world, but this mountainside, this life, that is quality for us. being chronically ill due to high humidity and city life wasn't doing it for us.

that's just two stories - there's lots of stories like our of people our age group leaving the corporate behind, taking smaller salaries to have happier lives. And it works.

Quality of life is more than just the cash in your pocket and bank account, though that can help. But you can be just getting by and be the happiest you've ever been.

27 Nov 2010 23:57 #25 by Residenttroll returns

Vice Lord wrote: I probably should have just posted that Resident Troll is a loser

VL you need to be careful....your sock puppet characters, like Achmed, are starting to make more sense than you.

28 Nov 2010 09:00 #26 by UNDER MODERATION

Local_Historian wrote: Choice of words- think on it. Calling people a loser doesnt convey a concern for quality of life.

Here's the deal - lots of people here, in every other state, work a series of part time jobs in order to stay where they wish to live. Not everyone has the same skills, so they do different things.

My bro in law - amazing bartender who lives in Hawaii. To stay there, he works in two different bars and is a liqour company rep. working over 50 hours a week.

Myself - I'm a nanny so that I can also be a freelance writer and professional milliner. I could make more if I decided to go back into teaching, but I'm not able to get behind the politics involved in education currently. I could drive to Denver daily and work in any number of companies, but I choose not to make that drive. I would love more time to write, but it's not always available - ever have a four year old in your ear all day long? Yes, with more time, I could stop the nannying and become a full time writer for good pay. But for now, this is where I'm at.

These stories - not unique, and that IS about quality of life. My bro in law could be rich if he came back to the mainland; he's had some damn good offers. Yet Hawaii is in his heart and dreams. We could have stayed in Iowa and stayed in the corporate world, but this mountainside, this life, that is quality for us. being chronically ill due to high humidity and city life wasn't doing it for us.

that's just two stories - there's lots of stories like our of people our age group leaving the corporate behind, taking smaller salaries to have happier lives. And it works.

Quality of life is more than just the cash in your pocket and bank account, though that can help. But you can be just getting by and be the happiest you've ever been.

I'm scrolling back into this thread to see where someone asked you for your life story...So far I haven't found it yet, where is it?.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds