He's Back!!!!!

04 Jun 2010 18:12 #1 by CC
He's Back!!!!! was created by CC

More than 200 people came to a community meeting on May 26 to hear about Ron Lewis' proposed rezoning for a portion of the land he owns at Shaffers Crossing.

The proposed Planned Development covers 57 acres northwest of the intersection of U.S. 285 and Elk Creek Road, a couple of miles east of Pine Junction in Jefferson County. The proposed development has been named Shaffers Crossing West.

http://www.theflume.com/main.asp?Sectio ... cleID=7140

I gotta go get a Flume. Great articles this week.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Jun 2010 18:22 - 04 Jun 2010 22:23 #2 by Mtn Gramma
Replied by Mtn Gramma on topic He's Back!!!!!
Interesting meeting. They only scheduled it for an hour, from 6-7, and at 8:30 one of the "leaders" suggested that we wrap it up . . . Either Lewis' planner/presenter is as crooked as Lewis is or Lewis sacrificed him on the meeting. I almost felt sorry for the guy.

04 Jun 2010 21:22 #3 by CC
Replied by CC on topic He's Back!!!!!
So, what was the tone of the meeting. Will he get this one through?

04 Jun 2010 22:29 #4 by Mtn Gramma
Replied by Mtn Gramma on topic He's Back!!!!!
If it was up to the attendees no way, but the Jeffco case manager said it all depends on how he meets the requirements. His application is based on the premise that he's filling a need that isn't currently being met, so that he can get around the Conifer Corridor recommendations. 24 homes are meeting a need? With all the vacant/foreclosed/for sale homes here? Tent and RV camping within measurable feet of single family homes? RV storage? Mr. Lewis should be moved to the Medical MJ thread . . .

And it's feasible that if this project is approved he can apply to develop the property on the south side of 285 using this project as a precedent for approving it. The Jeffco case manager (who's last name is Shaffer, oddly enough) said that yes, that is definitely possible.

Oh -- and the tone was definitely hostile on the audience side.

04 Jun 2010 22:51 #5 by CC
Replied by CC on topic He's Back!!!!!
Thanks for the info.
I was speaking to some customers who live near the memorial park and had known him a very long time. They were not kind in their assessment of who he was as a person.
I hope things turn out for you guys.

05 Jun 2010 09:59 #6 by RivendaleFarms
Replied by RivendaleFarms on topic He's Back!!!!!
Thanks for the updates Mtn Gramma! My folks live back in Elk Falls but for health reasons haven't been able to attend much meeting-wise. (Plus Elk Falls Ranch is having their own problems with the Dunwoody situation). Do you know, is the Jeffco case manager actually from up here or does he live in the city? I totally agree with you, I can't see that another development and more housing (including multifamily units) can in any way be said to fill a need up here with the current real estate climate. Since camping is going to be allowed in Staunton (I believe that was approved but not 100% sure) why would additional camping be needed at what will already be a congested intersection?

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

06 Jun 2010 20:48 #7 by kentucky jan
Replied by kentucky jan on topic He's Back!!!!!
I've been wondering why anyone would choose that site for camping anyway, especially tent camping. Maybe an overnight in an RV, on the way to a nicer spot higher up, but otherwise??

06 Jun 2010 20:53 #8 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic He's Back!!!!!
Nearly anything is better than the metro area on a hot weekend :wink:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds