RIP Elizabeth Edwards

07 Dec 2010 16:05 #1 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Dec 2010 16:28 #2 by Travelingirl
Replied by Travelingirl on topic RIP Elizabeth Edwards
Sad. I read where their 16 year old son was killed in a car accident years ago. Sounds like she had a hard life, especially these last few years.

07 Dec 2010 16:29 #3 by outdoor338
Replied by outdoor338 on topic RIP Elizabeth Edwards
Your right Teddy, she fought hard to keep a family together, she did deserve better.

07 Dec 2010 16:57 #4 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic RIP Elizabeth Edwards
I'm glad her suffering is over. Thanks for posting this thread Teddy!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

07 Dec 2010 17:08 #5 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic RIP Elizabeth Edwards
I knew the end was coming soon, but I thought she had a few more weeks than hours. RIP Elizabeth. I hope she is not remembered for her cheating husband, but rather the strong and smart lady she was. Love out to her children that are here and peace that she is reunited with her other son. Love to her family.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

07 Dec 2010 21:07 #6 by Residenttroll returns
Teddy, you are correct - she deserved better in her dying days. Prayers for the pre-teen children who were living with Elizabeth.

07 Dec 2010 21:09 #7 by archer
Replied by archer on topic RIP Elizabeth Edwards
She was a true lady....she lived and died with dignity.

08 Dec 2010 10:45 #8 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic RIP Elizabeth Edwards
I wondered how long it would take the Righties to dance on her grave....Answer: Not long...

Unbelievable that these pseudo-religious pukes would use such an occasion to bash someone...but not surprising....

Righties Dance on Elizabeth Edwards' Grave
by: Adele M. Stan

In certain corners of the right-wing world, an odd definition of Christian charity prevails: if you don't believe as its denizens do, your death is an occasion for their judgmental disdain. Apparently, they don't trust their own justice-meting God to do the job.

Elizabeth Edwards, who died yesterday, has not yet been buried, but that hasn't stopped some from attacking her for being true to her personal theology even to the very end: a theology that does not include the concept of Christian salvation. They're using a column I wrote three years ago to make their case in a most uncharitable manner.

Essentially the argument made by Donald Douglas of the right-wing blog American Power ("Keeping an eye on the communist-left so you don't have to") is that Edwards was a bitter nihlist. Why? Because she failed to mention Douglas's big, bad God in her farewell Facebook message. Douglas's post might have disappeared into the abyss of mean, stupid things said by internet cranks -- until the august Christianity Today, representing the respectable, serious side of the religious right -- picked it up. And that's just nasty. Or bitter. Or nihlistic.

....more

http://www.alternet.org/newsandviews/ar ... paragraph3

Disgusting....

08 Dec 2010 11:46 #9 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic RIP Elizabeth Edwards
I don't see anyone dancing on her grave, but I agree that the mentioned articles are certainly classless, and the timing is inappropriate.

RIP Elizabeth.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

08 Dec 2010 12:16 #10 by Residenttroll returns

jf1acai wrote: I don't see anyone dancing on her grave, but I agree that the mentioned articles are certainly classless, and the timing is inappropriate.

RIP Elizabeth.

:yeahthat: But exactly what I expected from Looney Jerk.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds