The WikiLeaks Vindication of George W. Bush

10 Dec 2010 14:39 #31 by FredHayek
1) Bush didn't lie about WMD, he was just mistaken. Would you trust Saddam if he told you he didn't have them but implied to his neighbors that he did?
2) WMD possesion wasn't the only reason we went to war, we also wanted to get rid of Saddam.

LJ,
Would you have preferred Saddam was still in power? Easily able to make up new stocks of chemical weapons? Waiting to sieze Kuwait or other nations again?

LJ, our version of Baghdad Bob, "There were never any WMD's in Iraq and we would never make them."

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Dec 2010 14:43 - 10 Dec 2010 15:27 #32 by LadyJazzer
So that's all it takes as a justification for going to war with a country?... "We wanted to get rid of _________________" Got it.

(Boy, are IRAN and South Korea in trouble!)

Bush wasn't "mistaken"... He cooked the intelligence, cherry-picked it, and selectively presented it to achieve the predetermined outcome. He lied...and people died.

The proof has been offered over and over again.

10 Dec 2010 14:44 #33 by Martin Ent Inc
"I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office." --George W. Bush

10 Dec 2010 14:48 #34 by Scruffy

SS109 wrote: 1) Bush didn't lie about WMD, he was just mistaken. Would you trust Saddam if he told you he didn't have them but implied to his neighbors that he did?

Bush cherry picked the intelligence to make a story for war. Remember Colin Powell and how embarrassed he is now?

SS109 wrote: 2) WMD possesion wasn't the only reason we went to war, we also wanted to get rid of Saddam.

No, but it was the one that was told over and over again to the American people. In the minds of the public, that's why we went to war.

SS109 wrote: LJ, Would you have preferred Saddam was still in power? Easily able to make up new stocks of chemical weapons? Waiting to sieze Kuwait or other nations again?

If Sadam were still in power, that region would be a whole lot more stable. Want to guess what happens when we finally withdraw? Giant sucking sound of religious radicals flooding into the region and instability will reign supreme.

SS109 wrote: LJ, our version of Baghdad Bob, "There were never any WMD's in Iraq and we would never make them."

Can you provide evidence that WMD's were found in Iraq?

10 Dec 2010 15:16 #35 by Residenttroll returns

LadyJazzer wrote: So that's all it takes as a justification for going to war with a country?... "We wanted to get rid of _________________"

Got it. (Boy, are IRAN and South Korea in trouble!)

Yep!

10 Dec 2010 17:18 #36 by Blazer Bob

Scruffy wrote:

SS109 wrote: 1) Bush didn't lie about WMD, he was just mistaken. Would you trust Saddam if he told you he didn't have them but implied to his neighbors that he did?

Bush cherry picked the intelligence to make a story for war. Remember Colin Powell and how embarrassed he is now?

SS109 wrote: 2) WMD possesion wasn't the only reason we went to war, we also wanted to get rid of Saddam.

No, but it was the one that was told over and over again to the American people. In the minds of the public, that's why we went to war.

SS109 wrote: LJ, Would you have preferred Saddam was still in power? Easily able to make up new stocks of chemical weapons? Waiting to sieze Kuwait or other nations again?

If Sadam were still in power, that region would be a whole lot more stable. Want to guess what happens when we finally withdraw? Giant sucking sound of religious radicals flooding into the region and instability will reign supreme.

SS109 wrote: LJ, our version of Baghdad Bob, "There were never any WMD's in Iraq and we would never make them."

Can you provide evidence that WMD's were found in Iraq?

Read the link on the OP.

10 Dec 2010 17:20 #37 by LadyJazzer
And the sourced links that prove it's a lie were posted in the 3rd post...

10 Dec 2010 17:20 #38 by Scruffy
I have difficulty believing anything from townhall.com could ever be the truth, but I'll force myself to read it.

10 Dec 2010 17:24 #39 by Blazer Bob

Scruffy wrote: I have difficulty believing anything from townhall.com could ever be the truth, but I'll force myself to read it.

I will make it easy for you. On page 2 they reference intel leaked by wikileaks(?).
I believe they are posted somewhere.

10 Dec 2010 17:32 #40 by Scruffy
So, according to this opinion piece, they found remnants of chemical weapons labs which were destroyed in the first Gulf War. They found 550 metric tons of degraded yellowcake uranium, which may not have been suitable for manufacturing weapons. When this comes out in other media outlets, reputable media, then I will believe it. They will also have to demonstrate that the destroyed chemical weapon facilities were capable of being used to manufacture WMD's and that the yellowcake was of sufficient quality to actually make bombs.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds