How pathetic is Obama! He hands tough quesitons to Clinton.

11 Dec 2010 22:30 #11 by pineinthegrass

archer wrote: You need to be a little more truthful viking, Obama agreed to work with republicans because the Republicans decided to dig in their heels and hold the middle class and the unemployed hostage. Not to mention they refused to work on anything until the congress passed the tax cut extensions. Personally I think Obama should have told them where to put their demands and let everything expire. This nation could use the money. I thought we didn't negotiate with terrorists....but once again I was wrong. I absolutely hate these negotiations it shows just how divided this country is, and how obstructionist both sides can be when they get their itty bitty feelings hurt.

I'd like to see a complete moratoriam on anything.....ANYTHING....that increases the deficit or does not lower the deficit. Time to take a break and start paying for what we do.....

You know, I don't have a problem with Clinton getting to speak. Obama is trying to get other Dems to join him and wants to show some unity.

But I do have a problem with you using terms like "hostage" and "terrorists". Those are major Democratic talking points right now heard over and over, and you repeat this stuff? Not very creative.

Do you really want all the tax cuts to expire? If so, you don't even agree with Obama or the Democrats. And, if so, you are supporting increasing the tax for those low income people making less than $8500 after deductons (or married up to $17K) from 10% to 15% (50% increase). Is that what you really want to do? A 50% increase? Really?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Dec 2010 22:36 #12 by Travelingirl

archer wrote:

travelingirl wrote: I disagree with "most of what they do" i.e. spend my hard-earned money on stupid projects. It's not "what we do" it's what THEY do and I'm tired of paying for it. IMHO - both sides of the aisle have got to stop spending money we/they do not have. And Barry using the "terrorists" analogy really unites the country, doesn't it??

I didn't know Barack Obama (his proper name in case you didn't know) used the word terrorist....but I used it. It's what it feels like to me. Right now there is little uniting this country.....not the hostage takers nor the negotiators.....it's all a grand play act.....and the damage it is doing will not heal for decades. You can't lay this all on the current president.....the last administration gets their share along with all the buffoons on both sides of the aisle in congress who think their side has to win at all costs, even if it hurts this nation. I'd like to dunk them all in a caustic dose of reality.

Thanks for enlightening me Archer, but you see, I respect the Office of the President but NOT Barry, the office holder.

Barry called the republicans "hostage takers" ie, terrorists. Not very uniting and definitely not presidential. And I remember him telling latinos that we were the "enemy". Not very uniting and definintely not presidential.

The one thing we both agree on is that BOTH sides of the aisle need to stop spending OUR money!

Barry and the "hostage takers"
[youtube:1dee3gor]
[/youtube:1dee3gor]

Barry and the latino community:
[youtube:1dee3gor]
[/youtube:1dee3gor]

11 Dec 2010 23:09 #13 by archer
oh? the term "hostage taker" now really means terrorist, thanks for enlightening me.....who knew?

11 Dec 2010 23:19 #14 by Travelingirl
Yep. Call it like I see it!

11 Dec 2010 23:29 - 11 Dec 2010 23:42 #15 by The Viking
Love these series of pictures. Obama looks bored with the biggest issue of the year. The party is more important than answering Americans questions on his tax deal and why the Dems won't even bring it to a vote.

President Clinton and that golfer, partier guy behind him! rofllol rofllol

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20101210/capt.69aee520ceef4170b4186878d18ba0da-69aee520ceef4170b4186878d18ba0da-0.jpg?x=400&y=276&q=85&sig=R5dNcIfBZnkNWk85AG1y8w--http://d.yimg.com/a/p/rids/20101210/i/r3874807564.jpg?x=400&y=292&q=85&sig=ks5FF17L8ee.x9kMJ8w6Jw--http://d.yimg.com/a/p/rids/20101211/i/r187793366.jpg?x=400&y=285&q=85&sig=t7iCe028korQth1yDtAgig--

11 Dec 2010 23:32 #16 by archer

travelingirl wrote: Yep. Call it like I see it!

be careful walking around in those conservative colored glasses, you might trip over reality.

I knew the word "terrorist" was being overused......it seems we are seeing terrorists around every street corner.....maybe we need some new words. I see a big difference in taking a hostage and flying a plane into a building......but that is just me. Now what the Republicans are doing in congress, well that could well do as much damage to this country as Osama has done, and continues to do.....but Obama never said that.....I did.

11 Dec 2010 23:39 #17 by The Viking

archer wrote:

The Viking wrote:

Batifa Zaxo wrote: obama is great man, mr.clinton and obama will help put away republicans, republicans will not work with anyone. this is why america is in trouble.

I know you just throw out random statements that make no sense to try and stir things up, but you do know that what you said is the exact opposite of the truth. The Republicans worked great with Obama and many Democrats and came up with a great tax package. It is the Democrats who are throwing a fit and won't let it come to a vote and holding the plan hostage until they can get billions in new gifts and pork added onto it.

You need to be a little more truthful viking, Obama agreed to work with republicans because the Republicans decided to dig in their heels and hold the middle class and the unemployed hostage. Not to mention they refused to work on anything until the congress passed the tax cut extensions. Personally I think Obama should have told them where to put their demands and let everything expire. This nation could use the money. I thought we didn't negotiate with terrorists....but once again I was wrong. I absolutely hate these negotiations it shows just how divided this country is, and how obstructionist both sides can be when they get their itty bitty feelings hurt.

I'd like to see a complete moratoriam on anything.....ANYTHING....that increases the deficit or does not lower the deficit. Time to take a break and start paying for what we do.....

That is such spin!! And I won't hear anything about deficit from any of you liberals. It was totally fine and a non issue for the last 2 years as long as they spent it on what you wanted. Out deficit grew 3 times as fast as any time in history and you guys kept rooting for everything they were selling. So you guys have no right to talk about the deficit unless you are a total hypocrite. Were you against ALL the bailouts, the Tarp bills, the Stimulus, the clunkers, the healthcare? Then you don't get to talk about the deficit with any credibility.

Secondly, what a crock!! Americans voted loud and clear that they were done with partisan politics so they voted out a huge amount of the Dems to have some checks and balances. Obama got the message and both the Republicans in congress and Obama gave in to the other side and compromised. Most all economists all over the news said it was a great deal for America. BUT...... the lame duck Dems who are already voted out, said 'screw you America', we won't let out President work across the isle with the Republicans even though both gave in a lot, to make sure that your taxes don't go up. So they are throwing a tantrum, and not allowing a vote so they can have it all their way, which is not the way the Americans want. Their one last hurrah to screw America and the voters who voted them out.

11 Dec 2010 23:41 #18 by The Viking

archer wrote:

travelingirl wrote: Yep. Call it like I see it!

be careful walking around in those conservative colored glasses, you might trip over reality.

I knew the word "terrorist" was being overused......it seems we are seeing terrorists around every street corner.....maybe we need some new words. I see a big difference in taking a hostage and flying a plane into a building......but that is just me. Now what the Republicans are doing in congress, well that could well do as much damage to this country as Osama has done, and continues to do.....but Obama never said that.....I did.

And FYI, the Republicans gave in on a lot moe issues in the tax bill than Obama did. So you guys need to quit whining. It is called reaching across the isle and compromising which the Dems in congress are so not use to that they have no idea how to do it!

11 Dec 2010 23:43 #19 by archer

The Viking wrote: Love these series of pictures. Obama looks bored with the biggest issue of the year. The party is more important than answering Americans questions on his tax deal and why the Dems won't even bring it to a vote.

Why would they bring it to a vote when both the far right and the far left hate it? I'm thinkin they have more work to do. What should have been done is extend the tax cuts fo the middle class.....who are hurting the worst in this economy and put the wrangling over everything else off till next year. But no.....we aren't allowed to help those people who are hurting until the Republicans are allowed to pander to the wealthy. Let them do it next year when they have more votes.

11 Dec 2010 23:44 #20 by archer

The Viking wrote: And FYI, the Republicans gave in on a lot moe issues in the tax bill than Obama did. So you guys need to quit whining. It is called reaching across the isle and compromising which the Dems in congress are so not use to that they have no idea how to do it!

gee....wasn't there a thread on here about how the Republicans won big on the tax compromise? Now you are saying that the Democrats won? Would you conservatives please make up your mind.

Oh yeah...here it is
The Republicans and America won huge today!!

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds