Truce for liberals and conseratives on 285

22 Dec 2010 18:19 #11 by Nmysys
Outdoor:

Great idea. I will do my best. I, too, want to wish all of you a Very Merry Christmas ( Happy Holidays to those who prefer that) and a Happy and prosperous New Year!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Dec 2010 18:23 #12 by archer
It's alright by me.......I love this time of year....we have been busy little elves helping some of our elderly neighbors put up their decorations......the neighborhood is looking very festive. Hard to be contrary over anything when people all around you are happy.

22 Dec 2010 18:27 #13 by dummy up
I'll kick cracker butt after the New Year, I wish everyone the best Christmas and Holiday regardless of political persuasion. I love this time of the year. Old softy.

22 Dec 2010 19:04 #14 by Tiny Bubbles
I dont think of myself a conservative or a liberal but some of each. But I like the truce idea.

22 Dec 2010 19:10 #15 by major bean

LadyJazzer wrote: I'm in... But "praying for people in need" is a b.s. exercise... Actually DONATING something to help them is a much more valuable exercise... That I will do--and have done..

??????? Does that mean "I'm in" but "Count me out"?

Regards,
Major Bean

22 Dec 2010 19:36 #16 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Truce for liberals and conseratives on 285
Lets do this thing

:grouphug:

22 Dec 2010 20:49 #17 by navycpo7

outdoor338 wrote: I would like to ask each of you, including me, to take a truce for Christmas. Many people are hurting during this time of year, and we need to give it a rest. Think about your families, enjoying time together with your parents, children, friends, think about friends you can help out during Christmas. Let's have peace, and hope this carries into the New Year. There are those who have health issues, we need to pray for their health and healing, there are those who are needing finances for keeping their homes, there are those who need work to feed their families, pray for them. We are family on the 285 corridor, sure we may disagree on certain issues, but we do need to look out for each other. So, please take a break for Christmas, we all need one. Blessings on you all..

Anyone else care to join me in a truce?

I am all in, Outdoor, if ok I would like to add one thing. When everyone is with their families this holiday, please take a minute and think about our troops serving away from thier families in harms way.

Have a great holiday season folks. This is my first real Christmas in a long time, I am actually enjoying it.

22 Dec 2010 20:55 #18 by netdude

I am all in, Outdoor, if ok I would like to add one thing. When everyone is with their families this holiday, please take a minute and think about our troops serving away from thier families in harms way.

Have a great holiday season folks. This is my first real Christmas in a long time, I am actually enjoying it.

I will take the time to thank ALL of you who have servered, are currently serving or have a family member who is... you all have made a contribution that makes this great country what it is!

And navycpo7? You absolutely have earned and do deserve to enjoy this and many many more!! Thanks again!

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to all!!

(oh and Happy Festivus too!

22 Dec 2010 23:26 #19 by Wayne Harrison
Why do I feel I am in the Korean DMZ at Panmunjeom?

I wish we could find the strength to be civil and respectful in our discussions all the time, not just at Christmas. My wish is they become discussions, not disagreements in the new year.

I posted something similar this morning and it was soundly rejected.

SeasonsGreetings wrote: Hey, it's the Christmas season.

I'll quit arguing with people if you agree to do the same.

What do you say, Outdoor?

But I'm in on your suggestion.

Thursday is Festivus so I'm not sure how the Festivus "Airing of the Grievances" will fit in to the 285Bound cease-fire plan.

(that was a joke)

23 Dec 2010 06:24 #20 by outdoor338
Navy, lets remember our troops serving across the globe, keep them in your prayers, if you know someone who served thank them when you see them, I know they appreciate it. Thank you vets!

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds