Obama Hasn't Increased Taxes, another liberal lie

24 Dec 2010 08:38 #11 by LadyJazzer
I'm not going to continue arguing the FACT that it was the failures of the Bush administration that left the Obama presidency with the "cleaning up after the elephants" task. It's STILL the result of STATES & LOCAL businesses trying to balance their budgets...Quit trying to blame every tax-increase on the federal government and Obama. That's b.s.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Dec 2010 20:09 #12 by FredHayek
And that doesn't include the $750 regressive tax/fine if you can't afford to get health insurance that Obamacare mandates. Nice of Obama to fine the people who are least likely to afford health insurance, those in the bad jobs that don't provide them iwth a decent wage or health care benefits.

Looks like the liberal talking point that Obama hasn't increased taxes is incorrect.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

24 Dec 2010 20:21 #13 by jf1acai
<sarcasm>Of course, this was all Bush's fault, and did not increase taxes on lower or middle class at all </sarcasm>

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

24 Dec 2010 20:30 #14 by archer
sarcasm aside....jf you are closer to the truth than SS109.....If you were called in to save a failing company, how would you feel if the failure suddenly became your fault before you were given enough time to get the company back on track? Taking Obama to task for not having an immediate fix for everything that landed in his lap on day one is nothing more than an excuse for conservatives to run the outrage of the day here. Over many administrations there have been varying definitions of what constitutes a "tax"....now, to conservatives, everything is a tax if they can use it to bash Obama.....yet there wasn't a peep out of any of them when Bush was at the helm.

24 Dec 2010 20:44 #15 by jf1acai
Obama wasn't called in, he actively campaigned for the job.

If he didn't know what he was getting into, that is his fault.

I will agree that the partisanship from both sides gets old and is nonproductive.

Merry Christmas!

reindeer::

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

24 Dec 2010 22:04 #16 by archer

jf1acai wrote: Obama wasn't called in, he actively campaigned for the job.

If he didn't know what he was getting into, that is his fault.

I will agree that the partisanship from both sides gets old and is nonproductive.

Merry Christmas!

reindeer::

Awww jf1....by being voted in by the people, yes he was called......and I'm sure he had a pretty good idea of what he was getting into.....he choose to try and make a difference.....to fix that which was broken and make this nation better for it.....some think he has, some think he hasn't.....but that doesn't make the mess he inherited his fault, only his problem to fix.

And a very Merry Christmas to you......lets hope the new year brings better cooperation between the warring factions of this nation......a girl can hope can't she?

24 Dec 2010 22:13 #17 by jf1acai

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds