Hawaii's governor takes on birthers

28 Dec 2010 15:41 #31 by Residenttroll returns

Scruffy wrote: I wish we could find the military records of George W. Bush.

Dan Rather has them....didn't you know?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Dec 2010 15:41 #32 by Residenttroll returns

pineinthegrass wrote: Well, we never saw Bill Clinton's either...

Monica did.

28 Dec 2010 15:51 #33 by Scruffy

pineinthegrass wrote:

Have we seen all his medical records? I suspect he was on more than just booze in his earlier years. Well, we never saw Bill Clinton's either...

So, why the uproar over Obama?

28 Dec 2010 15:59 #34 by Nmysys
You still don't know?

28 Dec 2010 16:16 #35 by Scruffy

Nmysys wrote: You still don't know?

My point, which you have once again failed to recognize, is that why is there an uproar from the right wing now over Obama's college papers, when the National Guard records of Bush 2 were conveniently missing.

I assume that you see the hypocrisy here?

28 Dec 2010 16:35 #36 by Nmysys
It always comes down to the same thing. It is George Bush's fault!!!

BTW Scruffy, where did you ever get the notion that I personally was ever happy with George Bush??

Yes, I admit it. I see the hypocrisy. Now will you admit anything?? Like, that you are finally sorry that you voted for Barry?? (Notice that I used LIKE) Does that still mean similar?

28 Dec 2010 16:47 #37 by Blazer Bob

Yawn. Did you look? Try Google.

28 Dec 2010 16:48 #38 by Scruffy

neptunechimney wrote:

I thought those were lost and that was the reason they were never released. Maybe I'm wrong. I'll check.

28 Dec 2010 16:51 #39 by Scruffy

Nmysys wrote: It always comes down to the same thing. It is George Bush's fault!!!

Where did I ever say it was Bush 2's fault? I was comparing the outrage over Obama's "missing" records to the lack of right wing outrage over Bush2's "missing" military records. (From what I remember.)

Nmysys wrote: BTW Scruffy, where did you ever get the notion that I personally was ever happy with George Bush??

I don't have that notion.

Nmysys wrote: Yes, I admit it. I see the hypocrisy. Now will you admit anything?? Like, that you are finally sorry that you voted for Barry?? (Notice that I used LIKE) Does that still mean similar?

Like, whatever, ya know? Fer sure.

I am not sorry that I voted for President Obama. What he and the lame duck session have accomplished in the past couple weeks is nothing short of miraculous.

28 Dec 2010 16:56 #40 by Scruffy

neptunechimney wrote:

I was referring to these records:

During the 2000 presidential campaign, various military records of Bush were made public by the Bush campaign.

On February 13, 2004, more than 700 additional pages of documents on Bush's service were released, including those from the National Personnel Records Center, under the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act. This release is claimed by some to contradict the February 8, 2004, statement by Bush to Meet the Press interviewer Tim Russert that "We did [authorize the release of everything] in 2000, by the way." In response, Bush contended that he was referring only to documents already in his possession, as opposed to the newly released documents from military sources.

On June 22, 2004, The Associated Press sued the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. Air Force, seeking access to all of Bush's records during his military service.

On July 8, 2004, the Pentagon reported that the microfilmed payroll records of Bush and numerous other service members had been inadvertently ruined in 1996 and 1997 by the Defense Finance and Accounting Service during a project to salvage deteriorating microfilm. The records lost included those covering July through September 1972, when Bush's claims of service in Alabama are in question, and the Pentagon reported that no paper backups could be found. CBS News military analyst Mitch Mitchell said there is no uniform or standard filing form and that most observers agree that National Guard records from that period are a mess.[16]

On July 23, 2004, the Pentagon reported that the records it had previously reported destroyed had been found. A Pentagon official said the earlier statement that the records were destroyed was an "inadvertent oversight." The Pentagon released computerized payroll records covering Bush's 1972 service. Like the records released earlier by the White House, the newly released documents did not indicate that Bush performed any drills, in Alabama or elsewhere, during July through September 1972.

On September 7, 2004, the White House released the flight logs recording the flights done by Bush as a pilot. A Pentagon spokeswoman said the logs were found at the National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis, which is the central repository for veterans' records. She said the logs were found among a batch of records sent to St. Louis from Norton Air Force Base in 1993, which were originally thought to contain records of active-duty officers rather than of National Guardsmen such as Bush.

On September 24, 2004, under court order resulting from an earlier FOIA lawsuit filed by the Associated Press, the Pentagon releases more documents.[35]

On September 29, 2004, the White House released a November 1974 document, saying it had been in Bush's personnel file and that it had been found by the Pentagon.

On October 5, 2004, more than a week after a court-imposed deadline to turn over all records of Bush's military service, the Texas Air National Guard produced two previously unreleased documents (four pages of records) that include Bush's orders for his last day of active duty in 1973.

On October 14, 2004, two weeks after Texas National Guard officials signed an oath swearing they had turned over all records, the Texas National Guard released 31 additional pages of documents found by two retired Army lawyers who went through Guard files under an agreement between the Texas National Guard and The Associated Press, which sued to gain access to the files. A Guard spokesman defended the continuing discoveries, saying Guard officials didn’t find all of Bush’s records because they are disorganized and in poor shape. "These boxes are full of dirt and rat (excrement) and dead bugs. They have never been sitting in an uncontrolled climate," said Lt. Col. John Stanford. "It’s a tough task to go through archives that were not set up in a way that you could easily go through them."[

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._ ... ontroversy

Apparently, they were lost, then found, then lost, then found in a box full of rat sh**.

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds