This Is Why There Are No Jobs in America

31 Dec 2010 10:30 #21 by Residenttroll returns

HEARTLESS wrote: Scruffy, what government service isn't overpriced and efficient?

Like many Americans, the services that are efficient are the entities that send them a check monthly. :biggrin:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Dec 2010 10:37 #22 by Scruffy

HEARTLESS wrote: Scruffy, what government service isn't overpriced and efficient?

Some examples would be the police and fire departments.

31 Dec 2010 11:08 #23 by LadyJazzer
"All but 4 percent of the top 500 U.S. corporations reported profits this year, and the stock market is close to its highest point since the 2008 financial meltdown."

Great news, right?!? Unemployment might finally ease a bit, no?

Well...no. US Companies Created 1.4 Million Jobs This Year...Outside the US.

Hmmm.... Maybe that's an answer for at least 1.4 million of the jobs that are no longer in America.

31 Dec 2010 11:23 #24 by daisypusher
Maybe the people who want to transfer wealth because of Climate Change should count US company jobs as part of that transfer.

31 Dec 2010 11:42 #25 by Residenttroll returns

LadyJazzer wrote: "All but 4 percent of the top 500 U.S. corporations reported profits this year, and the stock market is close to its highest point since the 2008 financial meltdown."

Great news, right?!? Unemployment might finally ease a bit, no?

Well...no. US Companies Created 1.4 Million Jobs This Year...Outside the US.

Hmmm.... Maybe that's an answer for at least 1.4 million of the jobs that are no longer in America.

How about the 13 million + jobs held by illegals in the U.S. - many not paying income taxes? First, let's start at home.

31 Dec 2010 11:44 #26 by Residenttroll returns

Scruffy wrote:

Some examples would be the police and fire departments.

Really, public fire departments are efficient? Explain to us why West Metro Fire HQ has over 35 parked white marked cars for administrative personnel outside of it's buildings.

Really, public police departments are efficient? Public employee pensions alone kill your argument.

31 Dec 2010 11:46 #27 by LadyJazzer

daisypusher wrote: Maybe the people who want to transfer wealth because of Climate Change should count US company jobs as part of that transfer.

Maybe people that actually think that "climate change" had any significance on those lost jobs should find a better source of information than the wholly-owned subsidiaries of the energy industries known as "climate change deniers."

31 Dec 2010 11:52 #28 by Scruffy

residenttroll wrote: Really, public fire departments are efficient? Explain to us why West Metro Fire HQ has over 35 parked white marked cars for administrative personnel outside of it's buildings.

I don't know about that particular Fire Dept, so I can't comment.

residenttroll wrote: Really, public police departments are efficient? Public employee pensions alone kill your argument.

Private companies also have pensions. Why are you picking on Police officers? Do you really think that pensions (which are a contractual agreement between employee and employer) is a sign of inefficiency?

31 Dec 2010 12:09 #29 by Local_Historian
Yes, first let's start at home - stop shipping the middle class, middle income jobs overseas. My daughter tells me her bio dad is currently training six people from India to replace him in his job. How is that a right thing?

the small businessman doesn't take all of the risk? Really? Does the government take out insurance on your business? No. If there is no other problem with your business - no need ro repair the road outside it, never a fire or wate main break or any other issue that could cause the government to get involved, they have NO risk. The small business owner risks all of their potential income, all of their savings, their reputation on a daily basis. And they have absolutely no control of how the economy is going to do, so the whole venture is a daily risk. yes, I have run a small business, and I know just how much even minor fluctuations in the economy effect someone offering goods and services that are not necessary to continued existence.

Sorry, but RT has the right of it. Every day you walk into your business, you risk not having anyone come through the door, you risk losing current customers for your services because they can no longer afford your services. Show me exactly how that's a risk the government takes. You're just one more quarterly sales tax bundle on the list and if your business is failing, you aren't missed from the tax rolls when you close your doors. The majority of small businesses just do not offer much in the way of revenue for the government.

31 Dec 2010 12:16 #30 by Residenttroll returns
I would love to hear from the left...why do businesses ship jobs overseas?

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds