This Is Why There Are No Jobs in America

31 Dec 2010 12:19 #31 by daisypusher

LadyJazzer wrote:

daisypusher wrote: Maybe the people who want to transfer wealth because of Climate Change should count US company jobs as part of that transfer.

Maybe people that actually think that "climate change" had any significance on those lost jobs should find a better source of information than the wholly-owned subsidiaries of the energy industries known as "climate change deniers."

Non sequitur. The original comment is about wealth transfer/jobs, not any possible relationship between climate change and lost jobs, the energy industries or deniers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Dec 2010 12:27 - 31 Dec 2010 13:10 #32 by LOL

This blogger is trying to make a point that the government takes taxes and provides nothing in return.

No, I think his point is: govt taking 50% or more is excessive. No business person is saying they don't expect to pay any taxes. The taxes/fees/permits/regulations/mandates are so high that they make it harder for businesses to succeed, grow and create more jobs. And there is much difference between big and small business tax rates.

Everyone benefits from infrastructure and everyone should pay for it.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

31 Dec 2010 12:34 #33 by Local_Historian
Excellent point, Joe.

31 Dec 2010 12:42 #34 by Scruffy

Local_Historian wrote: Yes, first let's start at home - stop shipping the middle class, middle income jobs overseas. My daughter tells me her bio dad is currently training six people from India to replace him in his job. How is that a right thing?

the small businessman doesn't take all of the risk? Really? Does the government take out insurance on your business? No. If there is no other problem with your business - no need ro repair the road outside it, never a fire or wate main break or any other issue that could cause the government to get involved, they have NO risk. The small business owner risks all of their potential income, all of their savings, their reputation on a daily basis. And they have absolutely no control of how the economy is going to do, so the whole venture is a daily risk. yes, I have run a small business, and I know just how much even minor fluctuations in the economy effect someone offering goods and services that are not necessary to continued existence.

Sorry, but RT has the right of it. Every day you walk into your business, you risk not having anyone come through the door, you risk losing current customers for your services because they can no longer afford your services. Show me exactly how that's a risk the government takes. You're just one more quarterly sales tax bundle on the list and if your business is failing, you aren't missed from the tax rolls when you close your doors. The majority of small businesses just do not offer much in the way of revenue for the government.

I don't believe I am saying that the business owner does not take the risk. What I understood from the blog entry is that the business owner feels he is getting nothing in return from the "business partner" that takes so much of his income. My point is that the partner (government) provides the infrastructure that allows the business owner to create and run the business.

31 Dec 2010 12:44 #35 by Local_Historian
No, you made it clear that you think the government takes part of the risk - even equitable to half that a business owner takes. Show me where their risk is.

31 Dec 2010 18:47 #36 by ckm8

residenttroll wrote: I would love to hear from the left...why do businesses ship jobs overseas?

Because they can pay 12 year olds 50¢ an hour instead of a living wage plus get loads of tax benefits. Hell, we pay companies to offshore jobs. The Republicans goal is to dismantle the middle class and they've done an outstanding job of it.
:thumbsup:
Good job righties!

31 Dec 2010 19:08 #37 by Blazer Bob

ckm8 wrote:

residenttroll wrote: I would love to hear from the left...why do businesses ship jobs overseas?

Because they can pay 12 year olds 50¢ an hour instead of a living wage plus get loads of tax benefits. Hell, we pay companies to offshore jobs. The Republicans goal is to dismantle the middle class and they've done an outstanding job of it.
:thumbsup:
Good job righties!

When it comes to visionary thinking, you sir, are a piker. It is clear that the right wants an end to life on this planet as we know it.

http://dailydamocles.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/mushroom-cloud-hb1.jpg?w=378

01 Jan 2011 11:28 #38 by Rick
Well said RT.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds