A Correction for Modern Feminism

02 Jan 2011 09:21 #1 by Travelingirl
Excellent article! Great news to start the New Year! The author writes the elections represent "a good result for all women" and I agree, but just as importantly, the results are good for the unborn! :heart:
[url=http://www.politicsdaily.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.politicsdaily.com[/url]

The 2010 elections represent not just a good result for pro-life female candidates, but a good result for all women. The reason is simple: Since 1992, which liberal groups dubbed the Year of the Woman, elected women in Congress have represented the views of pro-choice activists, not the views of American women.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Jan 2011 09:49 #2 by archer

travelingirl wrote: Excellent article! Great news to start the New Year! The author writes the elections represent "a good result for all women" and I agree, but just as importantly, the results are good for the unborn! :heart:
[url=http://www.politicsdaily.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.politicsdaily.com[/url]

The 2010 elections represent not just a good result for pro-life female candidates, but a good result for all women. The reason is simple: Since 1992, which liberal groups dubbed the Year of the Woman, elected women in Congress have represented the views of pro-choice activists, not the views of American women.

correction, the views of American woman are as varied and disparate as those of the women in congress. The new tea party women do not represent MY views, and last I checked I was an American woman. I believe that the views of American women who defend the right to choose are just as valid as the right-to-life views, ain't it wonderful that a hand full of tea party activists don't get to make law!

02 Jan 2011 09:58 #3 by Travelingirl
You're just scared of the prospects of pro-life women in power. And you should be.

Happy New Year Archer!

02 Jan 2011 10:04 #4 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic A Correction for Modern Feminism
Some good info but I would have like to hear more about why they were elected and the other things they stand for.

To me this should not be a war it should be about trying to get a good snapshot of america in congress so everyone's ideas and needs are represented. If you ask me that was what the founding fathers were trying to do. The power part of all this is what is throwing everything off balance. Interesting article. Thanks for posting it.

02 Jan 2011 10:18 #5 by archer

travelingirl wrote: You're just scared of the prospects of pro-life women in power. And you should be.

Happy New Year Archer!

thanks for the new year wish.....back atcha

But you are wrong about my fears, I am scared of what a few far right activists could do to women's rights in this country (those same rights that the feminist movement fought for and now allows these tea party women to hold higher office) Lets not go back to the dark ages of women in this country where men, and religion, and government tell women what they can and cannot do to be "good women".

02 Jan 2011 11:11 #6 by Travelingirl

CinnamonGirl wrote: Some good info but I would have like to hear more about why they were elected and the other things they stand for.

To me this should not be a war it should be about trying to get a good snapshot of america in congress so everyone's ideas and needs are represented. If you ask me that was what the founding fathers were trying to do. The power part of all this is what is throwing everything off balance. Interesting article. Thanks for posting it.

There are many things that define conservative women and in fact, conservative women have finally changed the political dialogue so that our reproductive organs no longer define us.

What defines most conservative women? Here's a short list...

1. Politically proactive. We want our voices to be heard in government and let them know when we do not agree with certain policies.

2. We believe in small government, low tax rates, free markets, limited welfare programs, and a strong military.

3. We believe in empowering women with accurate information and education. We believe that the more women know about issues and how the government functions, the more they will take their equal place in politics.

4. We believe the role of government should be to provide people the freedom necessary to pursue their own goals and emphasize empowerment of the individual to solve problems.

Edited to add:

5. And we're pro-life. :sunshine:

03 Jan 2011 09:49 #7 by Nobody that matters

travelingirl wrote: There are many things that define conservative women and in fact, conservative women have finally changed the political dialogue so that our reproductive organs no longer define us.

1. Politically proactive. We want our voices to be heard in government and let them know when we do not agree with certain policies.

2. We believe in small government, low tax rates, free markets, limited welfare programs, and a strong military.

3. We believe in empowering women with accurate information and education. We believe that the more women know about issues and how the government functions, the more they will take their equal place in politics.

4. We believe the role of government should be to provide people the freedom necessary to pursue their own goals and emphasize empowerment of the individual to solve problems.

Edited to add:

My wife is consrvative. You had it exactly right until you got to number 5. She's pro-choice, and would appreciate it greatly if you would keep your nose out of her 'business'.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

03 Jan 2011 10:07 #8 by outdoor338
So you focus on one negative and not the positives, interesting!

03 Jan 2011 10:14 #9 by archer

outdoor338 wrote: So you focus on one negative and not the positives, interesting!

It would be more accurate to say that YOU focused on the one negative and ignored the positive points that Nobody that matters' wife agreed with, interesting.

03 Jan 2011 10:16 #10 by Travelingirl

Nobody that matters wrote:

travelingirl wrote: There are many things that define conservative women and in fact, conservative women have finally changed the political dialogue so that our reproductive organs no longer define us.

Edited to add:

My wife is consrvative. You had it exactly right until you got to number 5. She's pro-choice, and would appreciate it greatly if you would keep your nose out of her 'business'.

I don't believe I've ever met your wife.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds