A Correction for Modern Feminism

03 Jan 2011 10:21 #11 by outdoor338
archer, spinning so soon in 2011..I figured you would!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jan 2011 10:21 #12 by RenegadeCJ
It is amazing to me that 2 platforms (abortion and gay rights) have successfully demonized the right as a whole. Drop these 2 areas. We are destroying the economic viability of a county because the left has been able to persuade people that these are the 2 most important things. The right should also drop them. Let states do whatever they want. Many people on the left are conservative...but won't vote for the best people because of these 2 issues. So they vote for the left, who has no idea how to right the economic ship.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

03 Jan 2011 10:26 #13 by Nobody that matters

travelingirl wrote:
I don't believe I've ever met your wife.

You probably wouldn't unless you were also in one of the groups she helps out. Raising young kids tends to take up alot of the socializing time :)

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

03 Jan 2011 10:37 #14 by archer

outdoor338 wrote: archer, spinning so soon in 2011..I figured you would!

:rofl

You spin Nobody that matters post into something it isn't.....then when you get called on it you call it spin. That is just too funny.......are you still hung over from New Years??????

03 Jan 2011 10:44 #15 by Nobody that matters
My wife agrees with 4 points, and disagrees with one. That means the discusson point is the one with the disagreement, or it just turns into preaching to the choir.

1-4 are good things... yeah yeah yeah, blah blah blah... That kinda discuassion ain't gonna fire up the forum's traffic numbers.

03 Jan 2011 10:45 #16 by Travelingirl

Nobody that matters wrote:

travelingirl wrote:
I don't believe I've ever met your wife.

You probably wouldn't unless you were also in one of the groups she helps out. Raising young kids tends to take up alot of the socializing time :)

I remember the days of having little ones keeping me busy! Once they were grown I was free to spend more time volunteering, with the latest being a CASA volunteer. I love advocating for kids and women. I've gone through the sadness and regret with two of my dearest friends whose lives have been shattered after their abortion. It's a daily struggle for them and I hate to see any other woman go through that.

03 Jan 2011 10:46 #17 by outdoor338
I don't drink, my parents died from being alcoholics...wondered why nobody focused one one neg and not the positives, sounds like his wife is a wonderful person with the way she helps people. You added a critical post to it...

03 Jan 2011 10:50 #18 by Nobody that matters

travelingirl wrote: I remember the days of having little ones keeping me busy! Once they were grown I was free to spend more time volunteering, with the latest being a CASA volunteer. I love advocating for kids and women. I've gone through the sadness and regret with two of my dearest friends whose lives have been shattered after their abortion. It's a daily struggle for them and I hate to see any other woman go through that.

And yet, there are others that have had abortions and remain whole, productive and happy women. Two sides to every coin.

I'm sorry for the devestation the decision caused your friends.

03 Jan 2011 12:29 #19 by archer

outdoor338 wrote: I don't drink, my parents died from being alcoholics...wondered why nobody focused one one neg and not the positives, sounds like his wife is a wonderful person with the way she helps people. You added a critical post to it...

Sorry...hung over was not necessarily related to drinking, just the effect of a busy and stressful season. Didn't intend to accuse you of anything.

As for my critical post.....seriously, you made the first critical post and I called you on missing the point of nobody that matters' post.....nice spin though trying to put it on me.

For travelingirl,
As for women who have regretted an abortion, I am sure there are many and sure also that there are many who still believe they made the right choice. That's what this is all about, the right of women to make a choice about what effects their health and their entire life. It isn't up to you, or me, or anyone else to make decisions for others. People make decisions everyday on things that are critical to their lives......their choices, not ours.

03 Jan 2011 12:38 #20 by Travelingirl
Thank you for your thoughtful post Archer and I agree with most of it. The part that I really struggle with is that most of our day-to-day decisions don't determine whether a child lives or dies so lumping the decision to abort doesn't really fall into the "what am I going to have for dinner tonight" category. I still think it goes back to personal responsibility, men included. Plus with all of the resources available for women who are facing an unplanned pregnancy and all of the people who want to adopt, having an abortion just seems...well...archaic.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds