Pelosi, Obama Hawaiian Vacations Come to an End, But Taxpaye

09 Jan 2011 11:19 #1 by conifermtman
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=us

Pelosi, who traveled to Hawaii by private plane, spent the holidays in Kona last year at the same hotel in an elaborate suite that reportedly rents for $10,000 a night.

And she wonders why her party is out of power in the House. This chick is clueless!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jan 2011 12:40 #2 by archer
Another outrage of the day....presidents are NOT allowed to take vacations, nor are speakers of the house I guess. It is one of the perks of the job, though they must pay for their personal expenses. I really hate to do a "they did it too" post...but every president I can recall took numerous vacations, did you complain about all of those......did you count the costs for Bush's numerous trips to Crawford and Kinnebunkport? Probably not, but because it is Obama and Pelosi you are suddenly outraged at the cost to this nation of having a president and a speaker of the house. FYI.....they all travel, and yes the taxpayers pick up a large amount of the costs, most especially for security. Yesterday should be reason enough to justify the security costs, or would you rather our leaders (the speaker is 3rd in line to the presidency) be sitting ducks for nut cases?. I wonder if you will start adding up the costs for Speaker Boehner and post it here.

09 Jan 2011 12:54 #3 by Residenttroll returns
Bush, Bush, Bush,

Yea, President Bush was taking vacations in opulent Crawford, Texas during the Great Recession. LOL Meanwhile the King and Queen of the Democrap party enjoys the riches of their politics during the Great Recession.

Meanwhile, Americans are losing their homes, can't find jobs after years of searching, and the government wants cash to spend.

09 Jan 2011 13:00 #4 by LadyJazzer
Wow... Boehner goes back to Ohio because that is his home. Pelosi went back and forth to California because that is her Home...(and occasionally to Hawaii for a vacation...She can afford it.) Bush went to Crawford, TX, because that was his home..at the time. Obama goes to Hawaii BECAUSE THAT'S WHERE HE WAS BORN, and that's his home...

Duh...

Outrage-of-the-day... Nothing to see here, move on...

09 Jan 2011 14:14 #5 by archer
geee RT....you sure are in a whining mood today.....any particular cheese we can send you to go with that whine?????/

09 Jan 2011 14:16 #6 by Residenttroll returns

archer wrote: geee RT....you sure are in a whining mood today.....any particular cheese we can send you to go with that whine?????/

Bush Bush Bush

09 Jan 2011 14:19 #7 by Travelingirl
...but Barry did make presidential history while on vacation...

Presidential historian Doug Wead remarked, "In public, no. I haven't seen the president's toes,"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/0 ... 04671.html

class act I tell you...class act! rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol

09 Jan 2011 14:25 #8 by Travelingirl
Oops...and it looks like the fashion police at HP didn't care much for Michelle's traveling clothes either...

The white -- jeans? sweats? we can't tell -- with beige fleur-de-lis detailing are just a little too Ed Hardy for our taste, okay?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/0 ... 04237.html

09 Jan 2011 15:09 #9 by navycpo7

conifermtman wrote: webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=...&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Pelosi, who traveled to Hawaii by private plane, spent the holidays in Kona last year at the same hotel in an elaborate suite that reportedly rents for $10,000 a night.

And she wonders why her party is out of power in the House. This chick is clueless!

all good so long as she paid for her hotel, meals and any other personal items.

09 Jan 2011 15:32 #10 by Nmysys
In early November there was a thread comparing the number of trips for each President and I remarked that the year wasn't over yet. As of this date, Obama has taken more trips out of the country than any President in History.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds