Obama: ‘If They Bring a Knife to the Fight, We Bring a Gun’

10 Jan 2011 12:08 #1 by conifermtman
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/06/1 ... ing-a-gun/

Mobster wisdom tells us never to bring a knife to a gun fight. But what does political wisdom say about bringing a gun to a knife fight?

That’s exactly what Barack Obama said he would do to counter Republican attacks “If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,” Obama said at a Philadelphia fundraiser Friday night. “Because from what I understand folks in Philly like a good brawl. I’ve seen Eagles fans.”

Yet Barry will lecture us on the tone of political discourse.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jan 2011 12:09 #2 by Scruffy

10 Jan 2011 12:13 #3 by conifermtman

Scruffy wrote:

We bagged most of those at the ballot box. Besides, the Daily Kos had a similar chart and you did not post it.

10 Jan 2011 12:14 #4 by LadyJazzer
After Sharron Angle went on ABC News and basically reiterated her "Second Amendment remedies" statements and repeated that if Republicans don't like the election results, they may end up turning to their guns, or armed insurrection, just what does a Republican political candidate have to say these days to finally be considered out of the mainstream?

10 Jan 2011 12:15 #5 by LadyJazzer

You keep running that play book, now, y'heah?

10 Jan 2011 12:16 #6 by Travelingirl
Hmm...good question LJ...what does a POTUS have to say these days to finally be considered out of the mainstream?

President Obama told Univision recently,“If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, 'We're going to punish our enemies and we're going to reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us,' if they don't see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it's going to be harder."

10 Jan 2011 12:16 #7 by conifermtman

LadyJazzer wrote: After Sharron Angle went on ABC News and basically reiterated her "Second Amendment remedies" statements and repeated that if Republicans don't like the election results, they may end up turning to their guns, or armed insurrection, just what does a Republican political candidate have to say these days to finally be considered out of the mainstream?

Talk and act like a Democrat. Didn't you get the memo, your side lost big last November.

10 Jan 2011 12:17 #8 by Scruffy

conifermtman wrote: We bagged most of those at the ballot box. Besides, the Daily Kos had a similar chart and you did not post it.

Bagged. Nice choice of words in a thread started about choice of words.

I don't read dailykos, so I haven't seen that. Perhaps you could post it?

10 Jan 2011 12:17 #9 by LadyJazzer
Good boy... You're following the game-plan perfectly.... Spin, spin, spin.... Let us know when you have an original thought.

"TPN founder Judson Phillips, in an article linked off the e-mail 'The shooting of Gabrielle Giffords and the left's attack on the Tea Party movement,' described the shooter as 'a leftist lunatic' and Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik as a 'leftist sheriff' who 'was one of the first to start in on the liberal attack.' Phillips urged tea party supporters to blame liberals for the attack on centrist Democratic Rep. Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona, who was shot through the head and is now fighting for her life, as a means of defending the tea party movement's recent electoral gains."

Wow...Sounds just like the drivel that's been spouted here by the right... I guess you guys know where to go to get your responses... When all else fails, "attack the libs".... And, in usual Righty fashion, if you repeat it often enough that "he was a lib", you actually think people will start to believe it... NOT THIS TIME.

Sorry, guys, but this time we've got your play-book before you run it, and watching you follow it, step-by-step is a hoot.

rofllol :lol:

10 Jan 2011 12:18 #10 by conifermtman

LadyJazzer wrote:

You keep running that play book, now, y'heah?

Its a winning play book and you are such a poor loser :rofl

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds