Sheriff Blames Rush Limbaugh for Massacre?

11 Jan 2011 10:14 #1 by outdoor338
The Arizona sheriff investigating the Tucson shooting that left U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffordscritically wounded had harsh words today for those engaging in political rhetoric, calling conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh "irresponsible" for continuing the vitriol.

"The kind of rhetoric that flows from people like Rush Limbaugh, in my judgment he is irresponsible, uses partial information, sometimes wrong information," Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik said today. "[Limbaugh] attacks people, angers them against government, angers them against elected officials and that kind of behavior in my opinion is not without consequences."

Limbaugh today railed against the media and Dupnik for trying to draw a link between the heated political climate and the shooting rampage, calling the sheriff a "fool." But Dupnik stood by his assertions.

"The vitriol affects the [unstable] personality that we are talking about," he said. "You can say, 'Oh no, it doesn't,' but my opinion is that it does."

http://visiontoamerica.org/story/sherif ... sacre.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jan 2011 10:15 #2 by Nmysys
Is this Sheriff LJ???????

11 Jan 2011 10:16 #3 by Residenttroll returns
I bet Rush had a field dressing of this Sheriff's career yesterday. I would imagine the same today.

11 Jan 2011 10:16 #4 by LadyJazzer
Boy, the truth is a bitch, ain't it? rofllol

(Insert standard "And so are you" response here: ____________________________)

11 Jan 2011 10:17 #5 by Scruffy
I don't think Limbaugh is to blame for the shootings any more than I think Palin is, but both their actions, words and images are incredibly divisive. When you are thinking to yourself "I really hate those politicians," you might think about taking action even though you don't, but when you hear hateful words from Rush and Palin telling you that the liberals are the enemy and "reload," it could - COULD - spur someone to action.

As I've heard Rush say "Words mean things."

11 Jan 2011 10:21 #6 by Nmysys
That proves it once and for all, Scruffy isn't LJ, because LJ doesn't listen to Rush.

11 Jan 2011 10:22 #7 by Scruffy
I heard Rush say that sometime in 2009, when I last happened to listen to him.

Talk about bile coming up!

11 Jan 2011 10:23 #8 by Nmysys
And you remember those three words so well. Hmmm!! Methinks your nose is growing by the moment.

11 Jan 2011 10:27 #9 by Scruffy

Nmysys wrote: And you remember those three words so well. Hmmm!! Methinks your nose is growing by the moment.

I do remember those words. They stuck with me, because I thought "Rush spews crap and lies all the time. Why would he choose to say that words have meaning when his words...." You get the meaning.

11 Jan 2011 10:32 #10 by Nmysys
Yes, I do, but do you?

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds