Sheriff Blames Rush Limbaugh for Massacre?

11 Jan 2011 10:36 #11 by outdoor338

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jan 2011 10:38 #12 by navycpo7

LadyJazzer wrote: Boy, the truth is a bitch, ain't it? rofllol

(Insert standard "And so are you" response here: ____________________________)

what truth would that be?

11 Jan 2011 10:41 #13 by navycpo7

Scruffy wrote: I don't think Limbaugh is to blame for the shootings any more than I think Palin is, but both their actions, words and images are incredibly divisive. When you are thinking to yourself "I really hate those politicians," you might think about taking action even though you don't, but when you hear hateful words from Rush and Palin telling you that the liberals are the enemy and "reload," it could - COULD - spur someone to action.

As I've heard Rush say "Words mean things."

Don't faint Scruffy, but I am 100% in agreement here. Problem is it is not just coming from those two, it is coming from both sides on a regular basis. Nothing but your to blame, no your to blame or its thier fault no its thier fault. I would love to see them all just stand up as a group, understand that they as whole have screwed things up and they as a whole have to fix it. (I will wake up eventually and quit dreaming.)

11 Jan 2011 10:47 #14 by Scruffy
I agree with you , Navycpo7. Both sides.

11 Jan 2011 11:16 #15 by cydl

Scruffy wrote: I don't think Limbaugh is to blame for the shootings any more than I think Palin is, but both their actions, words and images are incredibly divisive. When you are thinking to yourself "I really hate those politicians," you might think about taking action even though you don't, but when you hear hateful words from Rush and Palin telling you that the liberals are the enemy and "reload," it could - COULD - spur someone to action.

As I've heard Rush say "Words mean things."

Well said. Rush (along with Glenn Beck and Palin) are insufferable, big-mouthed pricks. I have little doubt that they were the grade school bullies when they were kids.

11 Jan 2011 11:45 #16 by Jonathan Hemlock
I have often stated that there is little room in our lives for hatred, anger, vitriol and name calling. But, was this guy truly a model citizen and a perfect gentleman, right up to the point when he decided to go on a shooting rampage?

I don't think so! He's a whacko! He can't be all-together-with-it!

Go figure what makes a whacko act. If it isn't Rush, maybe its Princess Nancy Pelosi. If its not religion, then maybe its politics.

I don't agree at all, with the concept that Beavis and ButtHead made the kid burn his trailer home with his mother inside. I don't buy the fact that, music played backwards makes kids commit suicide. Nor, would I believe Sarah Palin could make a man detonate a bomb, which kills hundreds of innocent people. Unless of course, Sarah Palin were standing in a pulpit, calling for the death of a certain group of people or if she calls for the death of all of the people, living within a particular nation.

11 Jan 2011 11:51 #17 by Travelingirl
Even though the lefties out there are STILL blaming Rush, Palin and company for the tragedy on Saturday, we will not blame our fearless leader, Do!h!bama for calling Americans against the DREAM Act "the enemy" the next time a mentally-ill man decides to listen to the voices in his head. Maybe our lefty friends could learn a lesson from us.

Say a prayer for peace.

11 Jan 2011 12:00 #18 by Jonathan Hemlock
I once posted a comment form a comedien, who's name I can't recall.

He asked, why is it, when people hear voices in their head, its only voices that say, kill, torture or maim. Why does no one hear voices in their head that tells them to shovel their neighber's snow? Mow thier neighbor's lawn or, why don't they hear voices that say, Ask your neighbor if she would like you to babysit their kids?

11 Jan 2011 12:03 #19 by Travelingirl
Good quesiton...maybe LJ could ask those voices in her head. :VeryScared:

11 Jan 2011 12:10 #20 by Jonathan Hemlock
Voices in My Head- Dennis Leary

[youtube:9cu5b9c9]
[/youtube:9cu5b9c9]

Oh! By the way, I have a belly button fetish!

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds