I Commend President Obama For His Speech

13 Jan 2011 06:58 #1 by Nmysys
I hate to admit it, but I was actually impressed by President Obama's speech last evening. It was well done, not exactly a defining moment, but seemingly heartfelt. Not so with Holder or Napolitano, which I thought was an act. Governor Brewer did very well and I was impressed by the young man who wanted to decline being called a hero.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Jan 2011 07:01 #2 by outdoor338
:yeahthat: :thumbsup:

13 Jan 2011 07:04 #3 by navycpo7

Nmysys wrote: I hate to admit it, but I was actually impressed by President Obama's speech last evening. It was well done, not exactly a defining moment, but seemingly heartfelt. Not so with Holder or Napolitano, which I thought was an act. Governor Brewer did very well and I was impressed by the young man who wanted to decline being called a hero.

Why would you hate to admit it. We blast the man all the time, we don't like this we don't like that etc, the President actually came out and what he said was in my own opinion, more non political but more we as a nation need to pull together and get the job done. That includes everyone from all sides.

13 Jan 2011 07:57 #4 by Rick
It was a great speech and it sounded very genuine...well done. I did think it was a little inappropriate to have all the cheering and applause throughout the speech for what should be a little more somber as it was a memoriam to the victims.

I hope the false blaming will now stop and we can have some civil discussion without the bitterness and name calling.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

13 Jan 2011 08:05 #5 by Nmysys

Why would you hate to admit it.

I admitted that I was impressed with his speech and I was honest with that statement. I hated to admit it, because I have many disagreements with his policies.

I was also pleased to see him show respect for the National Anthem and will add another word you will probably find fault with, finally. I thought there were many good things about the memorial but like CriticalBill, I thought there was way too much cheering and applause at a time that IMO was a somber ocassion.

13 Jan 2011 08:38 #6 by Mayhem
Reminded me of the classless mentality of Texas wildcatters adorned in gawdy gold and turquoise. I am surprised at the how easy it is to lull the average American regardless of political persuasion into that kum by ya trans.

13 Jan 2011 09:00 #7 by Something the Dog Said
The cheering was for the introduction of the intern who saved Gifford's life, and for the surgeons who have been saving her life and those of the the other victims. It was certainly appropriate.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

13 Jan 2011 09:42 #8 by bailey bud
President Obama is an exceptional speaker - no denying that.

In this particular case - the thing Americans need from leadership is inspiration and encouragement ---
and he delivered. He was obviously tuned into the situation, as well as the abnoxious political chatter that surrounded it.
He addressed the situation, as well as the issues that are trying to hijack the moment.

I think a lot of people from Arizona will (rightfully) mark this speech as a defining moment in their lives.

For what it's worth (not that much) --- My opinion is that he got it right - and my hat goes off to him.

13 Jan 2011 11:26 #9 by cydl
Agreed.

While I don't agree with all his policies, I think the guy is sincerely trying to do what he thinks is right. And I think (again, not agreeing with all his policies) that he is doing remarkably well given the circumstances he walked into.

I sure as hell wouldn't want the job. :VeryScared:

13 Jan 2011 13:04 #10 by Nmysys
He may very well have Inadvertently hurt the Federal case against Loughner in regards to Judge Roll with his comment about the judge coming from Mass as he did every day, and deciding to stop in and see his friend Gabby. The feds and the FBI have been insisting it was for Official reasons regarding the heavy caseload. Under Federal Law the murder of a Federal Judge on Duty or in an Official Capacity, is a whole lot easier to enforce than on his off time, according to a report I just read. May become a stumbling block to being charged under Federal Law, though he can still be charged under Arizona Law.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds