Liberals are all about symbolism over substance.

13 Jan 2011 22:12 #1 by Mayhem
You will note this asshat never came up with this suggestion all the time he has been in Washington when the leftists were in power. They just don't get it. They are addicted to telling everyone else what to do and how to live

Udall To Congress: Let's Sit Together For State Of Union

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/politic ... etail.html

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of".
Bernays

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Jan 2011 22:16 #2 by archer
response deleted, I'm tired of the rhetoric tonight. Couldn't you have waited till tomorrow for another outrage?

:can't hear

13 Jan 2011 22:37 #3 by lionshead2010
Does this mean someone will have to sit with Nancy Pelosi? I heard she it getting kind of gassy...... rofllol

13 Jan 2011 23:18 #4 by Residenttroll returns
Oh yes, let's have a kumbaya moment because the left told us too. Hey, America is on the right track...the left just needs to get on the train instead of training to hijack it.

14 Jan 2011 07:27 #5 by Mayhem

residenttroll wrote: .the left just needs to get on the train instead of training to hijack it.

We don’t mind the libs joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back.”

14 Jan 2011 07:42 #6 by FredHayek
I hate the State of the Union address and refuse to watch it. If Udall wants it non-partisan, Dems should avoid standing up and clapping every time Obama makes a point.

Maybe this year to make it more entertaining they should let the party out of power grumble like UK parliament members.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 Jan 2011 09:58 #7 by Scruffy

Udall released a letter Wednesday proposing the idea to his colleagues, saying "beyond custom, there is no rule or reason that on this night we should emphasize divided government, separated by party, instead of being seen united as a country." The seating arrangement was first floated this week by the think tank Third Way, which penned a letter to congressional leaders urging this and other unifying actions.

I don't see where he is telling anyone where to sit. This is just a proposal and would be a start to unifying our country rather than further dividing us into left and right.

14 Jan 2011 10:10 #8 by Residenttroll returns

Scruffy wrote:
I don't see where he is telling anyone where to sit. This is just a proposal and would be a start to unifying our country rather than further dividing us into left and right.

Cut off the money to Washington. That's the solution. Flat Tax and starve the power out of Washington.

This week we had Clinton, Biden, and Gates flying all over the world. I wonder how much it cost us?

Biden: Afganistan and Iraq
Clinton: Too many countries to list.
Gates: Sucking up to China.

14 Jan 2011 10:25 #9 by Scruffy

residenttroll wrote:

Scruffy wrote:

Cut off the money to Washington. That's the solution. Flat Tax and starve the power out of Washington.

This week we had Clinton, Biden, and Gates flying all over the world. I wonder how much it cost us?

Biden: Afganistan and Iraq
Clinton: Too many countries to list.
Gates: Sucking up to China.

I don't understand where your post has anything to do with the topic of this thread.

The left is not trying to tell the right where to sit, this is merely a suggestion. It was first suggested by the think tank Third Way and has been endorsed by several lawmakers - John McCain, Mark Udall, Kevin McCarthy just to name a few. I think it's a great idea.

14 Jan 2011 15:15 #10 by FredHayek
lol Actually Udall's idea could have the opposite effect. High school football games have one team's fans on one side to prevent violence.

If we have TEA Party people sitting next to Pelosi Limousine Liberals, things could come to blows. Plus when the Dems give the POTUS standing ovations, it won't look as cool with 1/2 the crowd still sitting.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds