Courthouse outrage of the day

15 Jan 2011 11:58 #21 by jf1acai

Tell us that you aren't an integral part of that behavior!!!!

He can tell us, but he will never convince us.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jan 2011 12:00 #22 by Scruffy

Nmysys wrote: Tell us that you aren't an integral part of that behavior!!!!

I ask questions, Nmysys. I want proof that what you say is true. Most here just throw out bombs hoping for a reaction. Show me some posts where I have called people names. I purposely try to not do that, but I will call people on the bullsh** they post.

15 Jan 2011 12:06 #23 by Nmysys
I'm sure I have nothing else to do all day except gather all of your posts to prove your innocence. Since I am not an attorney, I wonder why I should come to your defense. It ought to be obvious by the others that say the same thing that you are just as guilty as those who you are claiming to be at fault.

15 Jan 2011 12:52 #24 by Scruffy

Nmysys wrote: I'm sure I have nothing else to do all day except gather all of your posts to prove your innocence. Since I am not an attorney, I wonder why I should come to your defense. It ought to be obvious by the others that say the same thing that you are just as guilty as those who you are claiming to be at fault.

I try, Nmysys, to not name call. I try to debate, try to get answers, try to answer valid questions. I'm not perfect and sometimes my frustration comes through - I'll bet if you searched, you could find some names I've called. What I'm referring to is the incessant juvenile behavior that constantly invades virtually every thread.

You are probably angry with me because I call you on your baseless assertions, like todays email that you quoted about the supposed social security fraud by the Democrats. Had you researched it a bit before you posted it, you would have found that much of the email was wrong, but you didn't. I am quite sure that you received that email and thought "Aha! I finally got the goods on those libs!" I called you on it, and you, no doubt, got angry. You make it so easy. If you just think a little more before you post, it helps to promote debate. An appropriate response to my discover of the email hoax would have been, "You're right. Most of this is wrong. Perhaps I should rethink this and start a new thread about what is truly happening with Social Security."

Outdoor does the same thing. "You libs and your hate speech! Spin Spin Spin!" He rarely answers a question, either, but just keeps throwing out baseless accusations and opinions that make it so easy to pin him to a wall. But I've got to hand it to him, he's consistent in that he never admits he is wrong, never provides an honest answer, just keeps accusing and saying "Spin!"

I thought the Courthouse forum was for debate and discussion, not grade school antics. I guess I'm wrong. If this is the model for all the other bound forums you folks are starting, you might want to rethink your assumptions on that.

For an excellent example of how to conduct a debate, look to Science Chic's posts. She thinks about what she wants to say, researches it, then writes her findings. If we only had about 10 more Science Chics here.

15 Jan 2011 13:50 #25 by Nmysys

If we only had about 10 more Science Chics here.

None of us would have trouble falling asleep! Love you SC but its true IMO. LOL

Scruffy:

This is actually the first time I can recall you sitting down and writing out a long response that is logical. Too bad you have to use it to tell us how much smarter you are than everyone else, but I do agree that it is the first time in a long time you have actually admitted something.

I'm not perfect and sometimes my frustration comes through - I'll bet if you searched, you could find some names I've called.

Have you noticed the frustration of others on here with you and your postings? Probably not as like LJ, you don't accept any responsibility for your hurtful and inciteful postings either, but then you are of the Progressive side and you guys are right all the time, and know better than everyone else what is right, and what is fair. What is it that Clinton said? Oh yeah, its all according to what the meaning of is, is!!!

I don't have to accept your reasoning about setting up further sites, though If and when I do, I have to learn to keep my sanity at the rantings and ravings of those I do not agree with instead of getting into the middle of each debate, or argument, whichever ensues.

16 Jan 2011 12:05 #26 by ScienceChic

Nmysys wrote:

If we only had about 10 more Science Chics here.

None of us would have trouble falling asleep! Love you SC but its true IMO. LOL

Look, if all I did was post my opinion without the sources and quoted references to back it up, you'd treat me like every other liberal on here - saying that I make stuff up and attacking me. There's no getting around that adding supporting material adds length to the post. So either you can read my long posts with the data in it backing up my position, and respond or ignore me as you do, or you can put me on ignore (unless you're suffering from insomnia - I'd certainly recommend reading over taking drugs, it's healthier and more effective).

Not that I think I'm all that and a bag of chips, cuz I certainly have my flaws, defects, biases, and faults, but I think it wouldn't hurt to have people post more like I do - with data to back up their opinions and reasonable, rational debate rather than all the nastiness and baiting that's been occurring. I know I'd have more fun going through the material posted to debate! :biggrin: But you are free to do whatever you'd like, I understand that there will be the gamut of people who like my kind of posts and read it all to those who ignore it altogether and wish I'd go away. I accept it all and do not judge.

But thanks Scruffy! I love you! :biggrin: (We should do lunch sometime - let me know if you'd like to meet!)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds