Report: Women should be allowed to serve in combat

17 Jan 2011 16:06 #21 by Martin Ent Inc
+ can you imagine a complete squad of women with guns with PMS :VeryScared:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Jan 2011 16:08 #22 by Nmysys
shudder!!!!!!!

17 Jan 2011 16:44 #23 by Local_Historian
Instinct my ass - you were all TAUGHT - falsely - that girls are necessarily weaker and need protecting. It's a lie. And it's an American thing - like SC said, women fight along side men in other countries and there is no overwhelming desire on the part of their male counterparts to throw themselves in harm's way of a bullet.

Women have been proven to be able to endure more physical pain than men, to have less potential for PTSD.

But I see this is just more macho bulsh*t - male chest beating about how women must be protected at all costs. Yet you men fail regularly to protect the women in your communities from all kinds of at home violence - why should we expect you to protect us in times of war? Bottom line, I don't. In fact, If it came to a chaos state here in the U.S., I would see a necessity to protect myself FROM some men.

17 Jan 2011 16:58 #24 by RenegadeCJ

Local_Historian wrote: Instinct my ass - you were all TAUGHT - falsely - that girls are necessarily weaker and need protecting. It's a lie. And it's an American thing - like SC said, women fight along side men in other countries and there is no overwhelming desire on the part of their male counterparts to throw themselves in harm's way of a bullet.

Women have been proven to be able to endure more physical pain than men, to have less potential for PTSD.

But I see this is just more macho bulsh*t - male chest beating about how women must be protected at all costs. Yet you men fail regularly to protect the women in your communities from all kinds of at home violence - why should we expect you to protect us in times of war? Bottom line, I don't. In fact, If it came to a chaos state here in the U.S., I would see a necessity to protect myself FROM some men.

I'm not arguing the abilities of women. I completely agree with you regarding women's abilities. The average woman probably doesn't want to go to war to kill people and blow things up. The average male likes that kind of thing. I've heard of great women snipers, excellent pilots, etc. I just think women in foxholes on the front lines is a bad idea for unit cohesiveness. Of course, it might be a moot point, since the next war will probably be fought in a much different manner...

You would need to protect yourself from SOME men, you are exactly right, but not most men. But men and women are wired differently. It isn't taught. They have done many research studies on nature vs nurture, and they repeatedly come out with the result that men and women have different strengths and weaknesses.

I personally don't know any men who fail to protect women in their communities. In fact, I have seen exactly opposite, where men have gotten together to protect a woman being threatened, and yes, threatened by another man.

Your reaction and obvious personal experience explains why you feel the way you do. I can't change that. I'm referring to the vast majority of men.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

17 Jan 2011 17:26 #25 by 2wlady
So, part of the training should be that men in a unit DO NOT "protect" the little women more than they would their male comrades. If they don't pass the test, they don't go into combat.

17 Jan 2011 17:32 #26 by daisypusher
If a person whats rid the world of sexism, that lesson should be taught from birth. All people are equal.

17 Jan 2011 17:54 #27 by Rick
I think women should serve in any part of the military they are capable of and that goes for jobs like firemem as long as they have the physical strength and endurance required and there are no exceptions or lowering of standards.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

17 Jan 2011 18:33 #28 by major bean
Men should not hide behind women's skirts. Asking women to fight is embarassing and humiliating.
(Yes, I am a male chauvinist pig. We still exist.)

Regards,
Major Bean

17 Jan 2011 18:45 #29 by navycpo7
We now have a Female admiral in command of a carrier strike group, we have had plenty of female officers in command of Navy combantants. They have all excelled.

17 Jan 2011 18:48 #30 by major bean
.......since the men have been castrated.

Regards,
Major Bean

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds