Let the whining begin

20 Jan 2011 13:55 #11 by conifermtman
Replied by conifermtman on topic Let the whining begin

LadyJazzer wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: Cut all the defense programs that the Pentagon says it doesn't need, (extra jet engines for a fighter that they said they don't need; amphibious tanks for beach assaults that haven't happened since WWII; etc.); no-bid contracts with mercenaries like Blackwater/Xi; close all the unnecessary bases around the world; bring home the troops from unnecessary wars; shrink defense by about 20-30%... Stop giving tax-breaks to the corporations that move their profits off-shore while bringing their expenses ON-shore, (think: KBR, Bechtel)... THEN, I might agree with cuts in the other areas.

Stop wasting mine.....

Spoken like a true liberal. Maybe you can have a bake-sale for your local school while you are at it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jan 2011 14:00 #12 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Let the whining begin
Spoken like a true rightie... Maybe you can have a bake-sale for your next bomber...

20 Jan 2011 14:57 #13 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Let the whining begin

conifermtman wrote: Spoken like a true liberal. Maybe you can have a bake-sale for your local school while you are at it.

Bake sales for veterans....has a nice ring to it.

20 Jan 2011 15:16 #14 by Mayhem
Replied by Mayhem on topic Let the whining begin
Lets have a bake for the half-baked of the country like this one

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ban guns and computers for libs. They are too unhinged to own them.

20 Jan 2011 15:18 #15 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Let the whining begin
It ain't about me, dipsh*t... But when you have something to contribute about the thread, let us know.

20 Jan 2011 15:20 #16 by Ronbo
Replied by Ronbo on topic Let the whining begin

LadyJazzer wrote: Cut all the defense programs that the Pentagon says it doesn't need, (extra jet engines for a fighter that they said they don't need; amphibious tanks for beach assaults that haven't happened since WWII; etc.); no-bid contracts with mercenaries like Blackwater/Xi; close all the unnecessary bases around the world; bring home the troops from unnecessary wars; shrink defense by about 20-30%... Stop giving tax-breaks to the corporations that move their profits off-shore while bringing their expenses ON-shore, (think: KBR, Bechtel)... THEN, I might agree with cuts in the other areas.

Those are all great idea. We should make those budget cuts in addition to the cuts outlined in the OP. But I think the cuts outlined in the OP can stand on their own. At least it's a start.

20 Jan 2011 15:42 #17 by Mayhem
Replied by Mayhem on topic Let the whining begin

LadyJazzer wrote: It ain't about me, dipsh*t... But when you have something to contribute about the thread, let us know.

It is precisely about you and your ilk SFB.

22 Jan 2011 02:38 #18 by lionshead2010
Replied by lionshead2010 on topic Let the whining begin
When I lived in Maine I often heard lobstermen there use the phrase "being caught between a rock and a hard place". I don't know if that phrase orignates Downeast or not, but it sure seems appropriate to describe the pickle President Obama and our elected Democrats are in right now. This should get very interesting.

Boehner should win this round of default chicken

Republicans are intent on extracting major concessions from the Obama administration in exchange for agreeing to lift the debt limit. They will play a game of debt-limit chicken with Geithner and President Barack Obama....

Yet if history suggests Obama holds an advantage over Republicans, the tide of current events argues otherwise. It’s difficult to envision a scenario in which the party controlling less than half the levers of government has as much momentum as Republicans enjoy right now.

After all, they just won a landslide election because they promised to reduce the size and cost of government. If they offer to increase the debt ceiling only if Obama agrees to cut spending, then Obama’s intransigence could hurt him....

So to review: The U.S. may declare it has reached its borrowing limit at the end of March but not run out of money until the end of June. That gives Republicans three months -- plenty of time -- to appear to be standing up to Obama without actually forcing a default.

If Obama vetoes a bill raising the debt ceiling because he can’t countenance its required spending cuts, let him defend that position. The same goes for the Democratic Senate, if it won’t pass a bill from the House. It would be hard to pin the blame on Republicans as we inch toward financial disaster.

As June wears on, both sides will have to get serious in order to stave off default, and here is where House Speaker John Boehner holds all the cards.

He promised during the 2010 campaign that Republicans would cut spending by $100 billion. It’s surprisingly easy to accomplish that, and voters will blame Democrats if government can’t.

While Democrats may have an articulate president pressing all sorts of alarm bells, Republicans will enjoy something more potent: an actual mandate. Spending will get cut, and the debt ceiling will be lifted.

You can take that to the bank.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-0 ... ssett.html

It also reminds me of the times I've played chess against a really good chess player. The outcome was never in question...it was just a matter of time. "Check". :biggrin:

22 Jan 2011 06:18 #19 by lionshead2010
Replied by lionshead2010 on topic Let the whining begin
And in closing, I think the best thing that Mr. Obama and his liberal friends can do right now is bend over and get ready for Mr. Boehner.

I'm told by good sources currently vying for senior positions in the U.S. military establishment that if you relax you might actually enjoy it. You go first LJ. rofllol

22 Jan 2011 15:55 #20 by Soulshiner
Replied by Soulshiner on topic Let the whining begin
Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds