Let the whining begin

20 Jan 2011 11:28 #1 by conifermtman
House GOP Lists $2.5 Trillion in Spending Cuts
http://www.usnews.com/news/washington-w ... nding-cuts

Moving aggressively to make good on election promises to slash the federal budget, the House GOP today unveiled an eye-popping plan to eliminate $2.5 trillion in spending over the next 10 years. Gone would be Amtrak subsidies, fat checks to the Legal Services Corporation and National Endowment for the Arts, and some $900 million to run President Obama's healthcare reform program.

This is a very good thing!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jan 2011 11:55 #2 by outdoor338
Replied by outdoor338 on topic Let the whining begin
:yeahthat: :thumbsup: :biggrin:

20 Jan 2011 12:06 #3 by Something the Dog Said
It would also cut funding for veteran's health, scientific research, Homeland Security, etc. So the House GOP wants to dump on the military veterans who have been injured in the service of their country. I note that they failed to cut the spending for their own benefits including their federally subsidized health insurance and pension benefits.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

20 Jan 2011 12:30 #4 by conifermtman
Replied by conifermtman on topic Let the whining begin

Something the Dog Said wrote: It would also cut funding for veteran's health, scientific research, Homeland Security, etc. So the House GOP wants to dump on the military veterans who have been injured in the service of their country.

Really? The article specificlly states:

What's more, the "Spending Reduction Act of 2011" proposed by members of the conservative Republican Study Committee, chaired by Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan, would reduce current spending for non-defense, non-homeland security and non-veterans programs to 2008 levels, eliminate federal control of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, cut the federal workforce by 15 percent through attrition, and cut some $80 billion by blocking implementation of Obamacare.

20 Jan 2011 13:03 #5 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Let the whining begin
What a mindset. Just keep spending even if you do not have it. Don't you cut your budget when you don't have the funds to sustain a certain life style? Sometimes it is even necessary to cut the budget on those items that are dear to us. Then again, why not have others pay?

Certainly we need to tax the profitable corporations and the "rich" more because they are getting away with all kinds of tax breaks. It doesn't matter that these profitable corporations are making profits for their shareholders, what matters is that you don't have an investment in those corporations because you made a poor decision or were hesitant to take a risk. But, now you wish to leverage a part of the profit through the government as a handout of some kind, be it health care, education, etc. Why should you take responsibility for your life when you can just sit back and be a bloodsucker.

20 Jan 2011 13:12 #6 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Let the whining begin
Cut all the defense programs that the Pentagon says it doesn't need, (extra jet engines for a fighter that they said they don't need; amphibious tanks for beach assaults that haven't happened since WWII; etc.); no-bid contracts with mercenaries like Blackwater/Xi; close all the unnecessary bases around the world; bring home the troops from unnecessary wars; shrink defense by about 20-30%... Stop giving tax-breaks to the corporations that move their profits off-shore while bringing their expenses ON-shore, (think: KBR, Bechtel)... THEN, I might agree with cuts in the other areas.

20 Jan 2011 13:20 #7 by conifermtman

LadyJazzer wrote: THEN, I might agree with cuts in the other areas.

What does one thing have to do with the other? In most of these programs that are being cut the government should not of been involved in the first place.

20 Jan 2011 13:40 #8 by LadyJazzer

conifermtman wrote:

What does one thing have to do with the other?

If you have to ask that, you're dumber than I thought.... Have a nice day... :bash

20 Jan 2011 13:46 #9 by conifermtman

LadyJazzer wrote:

conifermtman wrote:

What does one thing have to do with the other?

If you have to ask that, you're dumber than I thought.... Have a nice day... :bash

It is because of people that share the same mindset as you that we have all this Government waste. The government does not have an income problem, it has a spending problem. Stop wasting my money!

20 Jan 2011 13:50 #10 by LadyJazzer

LadyJazzer wrote: Cut all the defense programs that the Pentagon says it doesn't need, (extra jet engines for a fighter that they said they don't need; amphibious tanks for beach assaults that haven't happened since WWII; etc.); no-bid contracts with mercenaries like Blackwater/Xi; close all the unnecessary bases around the world; bring home the troops from unnecessary wars; shrink defense by about 20-30%... Stop giving tax-breaks to the corporations that move their profits off-shore while bringing their expenses ON-shore, (think: KBR, Bechtel)... THEN, I might agree with cuts in the other areas.

Stop wasting mine.....

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds