Let the whining begin

22 Jan 2011 16:21 #21 by lionshead2010
Replied by lionshead2010 on topic Let the whining begin
I suspect things are about to get a lot harder on those in need as more people join their ranks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Jan 2011 17:27 #22 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic Let the whining begin

Soulshiner wrote: Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.

Theft? Those who hunger signify someone who did not take advantage of the free education offered to them in this prosperous country. They chose their hunger and poverty one day at a time whenever they were young. They wasted their time whenever they could have been earning their future and their security. They wasted taxpayer money, effort, and concern for their wellbeing. Now whenever they are hungry should we keep offering opportunity to them after they have demonstrated by a lifetime of neglect that they will not grasp hold of the opportunities that were given to them whenever they were young?

(Considering that all liberals will want to point to the exception as the "rule", be aware that I am not speaking of the handicapped, extremely elderly, widows, etc.)

Regards,
Major Bean

22 Jan 2011 18:46 #23 by navycpo7
Replied by navycpo7 on topic Let the whining begin

Something the Dog Said wrote: It would also cut funding for veteran's health, scientific research, Homeland Security, etc. So the House GOP wants to dump on the military veterans who have been injured in the service of their country. I note that they failed to cut the spending for their own benefits including their federally subsidized health insurance and pension benefits.

That has already been going on for years, even before the Democrats got control. There currently is a big investigation going on, alot of veterans with TBI, PTSD are given discharges without any recourse. They sign the papers and they are gone with nothing. It is wrong, always has been always will be. THE COUNTRY OWNS THEM, that simple.

22 Jan 2011 18:49 #24 by navycpo7

archer wrote:

conifermtman wrote: Spoken like a true liberal. Maybe you can have a bake-sale for your local school while you are at it.

Bake sales for veterans....has a nice ring to it.

:thumbsup: I'm in, if it helps veterans :biggrin:

22 Jan 2011 19:14 #25 by navycpo7
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 06909.html

Gates trying to cut defense spending.

Now here we have both Republicans and Democrats saying "oh we cant do that those people are in my district and will lose thier jobs."

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-0 ... ttles.html

22 Jan 2011 20:44 #26 by Soulshiner
Replied by Soulshiner on topic Let the whining begin

major bean wrote:

Soulshiner wrote: Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.

Theft? Those who hunger signify someone who did not take advantage of the free education offered to them in this prosperous country. They chose their hunger and poverty one day at a time whenever they were young. They wasted their time whenever they could have been earning their future and their security. They wasted taxpayer money, effort, and concern for their wellbeing. Now whenever they are hungry should we keep offering opportunity to them after they have demonstrated by a lifetime of neglect that they will not grasp hold of the opportunities that were given to them whenever they were young?

(Considering that all liberals will want to point to the exception as the "rule", be aware that I am not speaking of the handicapped, extremely elderly, widows, etc.)

It wasn't a "liberal" who said it...

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

22 Jan 2011 21:04 #27 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Let the whining begin
Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish, you feed him for life.

Paraphrased, and not my words, but fitting, I think.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

22 Jan 2011 21:10 #28 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic Let the whining begin

Soulshiner wrote: It wasn't a "liberal" who said it...

I do not know that I called you a liberal. There are liberal jackals on this forum who jump at any diversion to reduce discussion to nonsense. But please consider: the position that you are proposing is quite liberal.

Regards,
Major Bean

22 Jan 2011 21:36 #29 by Soulshiner
Replied by Soulshiner on topic Let the whining begin
I didn't propose it.

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

22 Jan 2011 21:53 #30 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Let the whining begin

jf1acai wrote: Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish, you feed him for life.

Paraphrased, and not my words, but fitting, I think.

Teach him to take someone else's fish, and you create a democrat for life.

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds