Tattoos?

22 Jan 2011 11:43 #11 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic Tattoos?
Having one myself, I don't have a problem with some level of tatoos, however there is a line. It doesn't take many tats on a woman to move her down on the "10 scale".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Jan 2011 11:45 #12 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Tattoos?

DaffyDick wrote: Tattoos? Why do people get them? What’s the purpose? Do people know that it’s a fad today, but in 20 years, it may be taboo?

It’s not like bell bottom jeans or mini skirts. Tattoos are permanent. What are people going to do when they are no longer in style?

Call me Old School but when I see one on a woman I instantly think..Methhead, trailer trash, biker whore...

22 Jan 2011 14:18 #13 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Tattoos?
I see tattoos as bling for the most part unless there is some true meaning to them like the death of a child they want memorialized.

Seems like at least half the NFL have big tattoos on their "guns"......probably also have 22" wheels on their big suvs.

“We can’t afford four more years of this”

Tim Walz

22 Jan 2011 17:01 #14 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic Tattoos?
The past couple of decades or so have been the "shock" generation. If you are appauled by the youngsters then they have accomplished their goals. If you are shocked by their looks or behavior then they have a attained their purpose in life. Goth, punk, etc. It is all "in your face" that can give them a sense of worth in this world.

They will be very happy whenever they are 80 years old and the tattoos are nothing but dark green globs on their wrinkled up old bodies. That will be repulsive.

(As an aside: do you know the difference between an American worker and a pizza? A pizza can feed a family of four.)

Regards,
Major Bean

22 Jan 2011 17:07 #15 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Tattoos?

Nmysys wrote: I know this will start controversy but I am going to put it out there anyway. It is IMO either part of the Anti-God movement or done totally unaware of God's word.

God put us here and expects us to come back to him the same as we were born, without Tattoos or piercings. We are according to Old Testament, to be buried in a simple shroud and a plain simple box or casket. Lavish funerals and Caskets are actually against his wishes.

There goes my lung transplant, guess i just gotta die.

22 Jan 2011 17:09 #16 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Tattoos?

major bean wrote: The past couple of decades or so have been the "shock" generation.

More like the past million generations..

22 Jan 2011 17:11 #17 by Rick

JMC wrote:

Nmysys wrote: I know this will start controversy but I am going to put it out there anyway. It is IMO either part of the Anti-God movement or done totally unaware of God's word.

God put us here and expects us to come back to him the same as we were born, without Tattoos or piercings. We are according to Old Testament, to be buried in a simple shroud and a plain simple box or casket. Lavish funerals and Caskets are actually against his wishes.

I'm missing a couple organs and one has been modified...does that count?

Tim Walz

22 Jan 2011 17:13 #18 by Rick

Vice Lord wrote:

major bean wrote: The past couple of decades or so have been the "shock" generation.

that's a lot of generations

Tim Walz

22 Jan 2011 17:14 #19 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic Tattoos?

Vice Lord wrote:

Each generation has to "out-do" the previous and all that was left to them was body art (mutilation?) Next will be extreme suicide or drastic amputation.

Previous to the present generation were "Dandies", "Flappers", "Beatniks", "Hippies".

Regards,
Major Bean

22 Jan 2011 17:34 #20 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Tattoos?

Not exactly what is meant by that JMC. I, too have had many surgeries, have pins and screws holding my body together, have a plate in my skull. The difference is having doctors do this for medical reasons, not by choice to mutilate your body.

Time to create page: 0.303 seconds